Long Time No See

Momina Murad Iqbal

"Murad.." I yelled, while pounding on the washroom door.

"Murad hurry up. We are getting late. Its 12 already." I sighed. My husband sometimes takes longer to get ready than I do.

Dad threw a lunch party for all of us, today. I don't know who all were invited but I was sure that it was a small gathering, with close family only. After what felt like an hour, I heard the door unlock and came in a freshly showered Murad, in a towel.

"I got your clothes ready on the bed. Get dressed quickly and we are going." I was about to leave when Murad grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, with a mischievous smirk plastered on his handsome face.

"Murad, we are getting late. We have no time for all this, let's go!" I was annoyed and he knew it. He made a puppy face thinking I will let it go, but I didn't.

"You look delicious. I hope there is no one else coming other than us." He said trying to lighten my mood. Ever since we got married, he has been extremely protective of me. He kissed me gently on my lips for a bit too long. I broke it and pushed him away with a small smile.

"Get dressed. I can't see you in a towel anymore." I quickly left the room for him to change and he came out in a few moments, all ready to go. He looked handsome like always.

"Now I hope there is no one else coming other than us." I admit I am just as possessive about him as he is about me.

"Jealous?" He smirked and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"So are you!!"

We sat in the car and rode in silence. It's been around 2 months since we got married and it didn't take time for us to get close to each other. We made a connection instantly and it felt like we knew each other since ever. I had no news about Humdaan, for almost a year now. I didn't call or text him and surprisingly neither did he since the last fight we had the day before Murad's first visit. He graduated from college a month ago as my mom had told me about it. I was relieved yet surprised about his behavior. I was happy with my married life and my husband, Alhamdulillah. I couldn't ask for anything more from Allah.

We reached my parents' house, which was an hour's drive from our apartment.

"We are here, finally." Said, Murad.

"And look what time is it." I pretended to be annoyed but my man knew me inside out.

"Let's head back and watch Netflix, instead."

"No way, I am going in now." I said while stepping out of our car.

"Wait up, give me a kiss first."

"What are you doing. Let me go" He got to be kidding me, he didn't let me ring the bell but held by hand down.

"My kiss." I didn't want to make a scene but he locked my waist and leaned in. Just then the door burst open and both of us stood apart. It was Saima at the door and I was rather surprised to see her.

Mom didn't mention of them coming today, I wonder why. I entered with Murad on my side and we greeted everyone. Mom and dad pulled both of us in a hug saying 'Live a long happy life'. I went to meet Ammi who was sitting on the recliner. She was so happy to see us that she didn't let us go for 10 minutes. A cute little Ammar, Humera's son stood there examining me before I outstretched my arms for him and he came to me hesitantly.

"You guys were supposed to be here like an hour ago." Said, mom.

"Oh mom! What can I do if men nowadays take longer to get ready than women." I said looking at Murad who glared at me.