Golden Eyes

"Atsushi? Are you okay?"

The boy ignored Kyouka's question. He took a moment to look everywhere, then rushed in without warning.

"Atsushi, wait! Stick with me!" Kyouka was clearly annoyed, chasing behind the boy.

Atsushi was fast. He climbed the stairs, eventually slowing down to catch his breath. His eyes fixed on the top floor as if he knew exactly where his target is.

"Atsushi! Stop ignoring me right now!" Kyouka managed to grab him by the arm, but he shoved the hand away, not even bothering to look back.

His tiger powers were activated. With his now powerful pair of legs, he leaped from floor to floor, leaving Kyouka in the dust. Kyouka tried her best to keep up, but Atsushi was already long gone.

Arriving on the last story, Atsushi started slamming the doors open left and right. A single glance was enough for him to move on to the next door. Soon enough the long hall brought Atsushi to the biggest room hidden behind thin and dusty pair of double-doors.

He busted them open as well, revealing Lou who looked like he has been expecting him and Chuuya who seemed to be seconds away from creating a murder scene.

Normally, Atsushi would have his tail between his legs at this sight, but his focus remained on Lou. He leaped on the boy, grabbed him by the collar and dropped together on the ground, Atsushi on top. The strengh on Atsushi's tiger arms are unbearable, even Lou showed signs of pain in his face. Even so, he remained calm and quite.

Chuuya was surprised. He didn't expect Atsushi who he had been dealing with for quite a while to be this aggressive. He has always known him as the happy go lucky idiot who welcomes other idiots with open arms, but this sight just gained his interest. Lou seemed calm, so he decided the boy doesn't need rescue and waited.

"You! You're the one behind all this, aren't you?" Atsushi grabbed Lou's shirt even tighter, lifting and slamming him down with every stress he put in his words. They can hear obvious growling from the boy as his eyes locked on Lou's. "Why the hell did you do this? You made me go through all that pain! Your damn ability..."

He squeezed tighter and tighter to the point where Lou's clothing hints blood. Chuuya decides this is the time to save him but Lou gave him a "please wait" hand gesture behind where Atsushi can't see.

"Everyone at the agency just makes me so angry now! I can't enjoy my days like normal! You turn my life upside down!" Atsushi kept yelling, but then his grip loosened and he calmed down. "So why..."

"Why does seeing you make me feel so damn happy?"

"Atsushi!" Kyouka burst in the room with Demon Snow, the sword-wielding phantom, right behind her. Only Chuuya turned his attention to her while Lou and Atsushi are transfixed on each other's eyes. Nobody else but Lou could see it. Atsushi's eyes are now glowing golden just like Lou's, as if resonating with eyes other.

"That's right, Atsushi-kun. Being with me will make you happier. You'll enjoy it better here... in the hands of the mafia." Lou calmly placed his hands on Atsushi's loosened tiger claws and moved them gently from his chest. Atsushi didn't seem to be bothered. His gaze never moved a flinch.

"Atsushi!" Kyouka grabbed a hold on the situation and acted quickly, leaping towards them with Demon Snow. "Don't listen to him! You're not thinking right! His abilities are doing this to you!"

"F*cking pest!" Chuuya got in the way and attacked her. She dodged just in time to avoid the attack, but the floor broke down and gravity pulled both her and Chuuya to the lower level. "Your opponent is right here!"

Kyouka balanced herself quickly and hurried in a battle stance. Chuuya furrowed his eyesbrows and let out a grin, "I gotta thank you for giving me something to do other than waiting, but you really got the nerves to get in our way."

Chuuya attacked first while Kyouka was busy thinking. Demon Snow protected her as always and did a counterattack, in which Chuuya easily dodged.

I have no time for this! Kyouka only had Atsushi in mind. She has to help him or he will be lost completely! Not to mention this whole plan was her idea. If only there is some way she could get to Lou...

"What if..." Kyouka lowered her attack stance which made Chuuya curious. It didn't stop Chuuya from throwing attacks at her though. Kyouka only dodged the attacks and willingly took a few hits.

"Why do you stop?" curious, Chuuya asked with a sigh.

"What if I surrender? Take me as your prisoner or something." Kyouka threw her weapon in front of her and Demon Snow disappeared into the air.

"I know what you're trying to do. You want to stay close to the tiger brat, don't you? Or is it the kid? Are you trying to assassinate him?" Chuuya attacked her one last time and pinned her so she couldn't move.

"I am no longer the person I used to be. I will never assassinate anyone else." Kyouka said, words filled with determination. "Never again."

Chuuya stayed silent, looking at Kyouka as if evaluating her. It will be a drag to bring her as prisoner. Knowing her, she will keep her words, but what's in it for him?

"Please..." Kyouka stared on Chuuya with pleading eyes. The same pair of eyes that got her into the agency, will it work on him?

Chuuya didn't seem to be affected, but he clearly gained interest. "What's your intention?"

"I just want to take responsibility... I want to take care of Atsushi..." Kyouka answered with regret.

Chuuya paused for a while to think. He then took his foot of Kyouka and gestured her to get up, "If you decided to do anything stupid I'll kill you."

Kyouka nodded, not sure of what to come in the worrying future.

I'll definitely save Atsushi!

+++

Atsushi went down a spiral. His mind was blurry, he couldn't think straight... Heck, he couldn't think at all. It was as if Lou was doing the thinking for him. Before he knew it, Lou's words became his truth.

I'll be happier in the mafia.

And just like that, he lost himself in those golden eyes.