eleventh: breaking

I was sore.

It took me a while to understand where I was. My eyelids felt heavy as they fluttered open and I became aware of a soft mattress under me. I gazed at the cream coloured walls of my room in front of me. I took in a soft breath, wincing. My head splitting with pain. I slowly became aware of a warm presence, an arm around my waist. Just when I did, I became aware of the fact that I was naked.

My blood ran cold.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. What had I done?

My stomach clenched horribly as I slowly lifted my head. I wasn't naked. Just shirtless.

I slowly sat up, massaging my temple as my eyes fell on the figure laying beside me. Caleb.

Shit.

His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me. "Hey. Morning, Easton."

My breath caught in my throat. He was naked. "What...what happened?"

He propped himself on his elbow, his hand reaching out to entwine his fingers with mine. "I think you're smart enough to know that."

My heart plummeted to my naval. "Did we have sex?"

He grinned. "I knew you were smart enough."

No fucking way. No. No. No.

"I...I was fucking passed out. What the fuck did you-?"

He yawned. "You seemed to enjoy it, Easton. You kept screaming my name."

I moved back, pressing my body against the wall. Bone-chilling terror rattled me. I couldn't breathe. "Fuck...I can't..."

I stared at him, my throat dry. My chest constricted. I couldn't believe what I had done. He gazed at me for a while before he burst out laughing. "Your face!"

I gaped at him. "What?"

He laughed harder, the melodious sound almost setting me at ease. "Shit! I'm sorry Xavier," he shook his head. "Nothing happened. You dropped a lot of ketchup on your t-shirt and removed it. And you were really hammered so I decided to wait here. I didn't realize I'd fall asleep. I'm sorry."

I pulled the bedsheet away from him forcefully. His eyes widened as he tumbled off the bed and fell on the hard ground. A savage twinge of pleasure travelled through me. I couldn't believe his vile, cruel joke. Part of me wanted to hit him, but I was pretty sure murder would get me thrown out of college.

"Ow! Is this what I get for taking care of your drunk ass?"

I leaned over the side of the bed and glared at him, recoiling at his glamorous features. "You have a twisted sense of humour Kingsley."

He chuckled. And somehow, looking at his glittering, naive, irises I couldn't help laughing.

"Sorry Xavier," he said. "But you have to admit your reaction was hilarious."

I looked at my crumpled t-shirt lying on the floor, sighing in relief. I rose to my feet, positively dragging him out of the room. He was much larger than me and I was pretty sure he was struggling only to humour me. I handed him his t-shirt and shut the door on his delighted face.

"See you in the lab, Easton!" He called, still laughing as I heard his footsteps recede. I leaned against the door, shutting my eyes and taking deep breaths. I walked over to my bed and started looking for my phone which had somehow tumbled to the floor. It had discharged completely. I sighed, connecting it to a charger and waited patiently for the screen to light up. My heart jumped to my throat. It was noon, I had missed my morning classes.