Chapter 10

It was as if an electric bolt was stuck to Yibo's body. He was soo shocked when he heard Haikuan's words.

'What does that mean? It really happened? What if I hadn't stopped Zhan? Did my premonition come true? But how? What just happened?.... Zhuocheng? What about Zhuocheng? '
Yibo was soo shocked and confused at the same time.

"Yibo? Yibo, what's wrong? " Haikuan shook his gently to bring him out of daze.

"Ge, give me the car keys. I want to go somewhere. " Yibo asked in a serious tone.

Haikuan understood that something was definitely wrong, so he gave the car key to Yibo without questioning him further.

Yibo ran out of his house as he hurried towards his car. He sat in, as he dailed Zhan's number.

Zhan picked the call in just two rings.

"Hello! I said I'll be calling you. Looks like you couldn't wait. " Zhan chuckled.

"Zhan! We have a problem. " Yibo said in a tensed voice.

"What's wrong, Yibo? " Zhan was worried now.

"The bus... which Zhuocheng boarded... there was a fuel tank explosion and many are injured. " Yibo said.

"What? " Zhan asked. Rather than being tensed, his voice sounded calm and normal.

"Give me your address, Zhan. I'll be there right now. Let's go see what has happened. " Yibo said and Zhan didn't waste a second as he directed Yibo towards his house.

Yibo was soon there in front of Zhan's house. Zhan quickly ran towards Yibo's car and sat in the front passenger's seat.

"What happened, Yibo? " Zhan wasn't that tensed.

"I know nothing, Zhan. Just try calling Zhuocheng. " Yibo said and Zhan nodded.

Zhan dailed Zhuocheng's number, but there was no response from the other end.

"He isn't picking, Yibo. " Zhan said.

"Let's go and see what has happened. "
Yibo said and that's when Zhan's phone rang.

"It's Zhuocheng! " Zhan exclaimed as he swiped on the screen to answer the call.

"Hello? Hello, Zhuocheng? " Zhan spoke.

"Hey, Zhan! " Zhuocheng answered.

"God! Zhuocheng, are you alright? " Zhan asked and that's when Yibo heaved a sigh of relief when he knew that it was Zhuocheng that actually called back.

"I'm fine, Zhan. You know what happened? " Zhuocheng asked.

"That is why I called you. Yibo and I were about to leave to go see you. Where are you? Are you fine? " Zhan asked.

"I'm still here near the University and yeah! I'm fine. As you guys were planning to come see me why don't you come here and drop me home then? " Zhuocheng asked.

"Okay. Wait for us. We'll be right there. " With that said Zhan ended the call.

"What's it, Zhan? " Yibo asked.

"He's safe, Yibo. He said he'll be waiting for us near the University. " Zhan said.

"Okay, let's go then. " Yibo said.

He sat there without starting his engine. He looked as though he was deep in thought.

"What's wrong, Yibo? " Zhan asked and that was when Yibo turned to Zhan and leaned towards him. Zhan moved back in his seat because of Yibo's sudden movement, his body glued to the seat.
Yibo looked into Zhan's eyes, there faces just inches apart.