FAMILY PARTY

Next day morning,

Nakshatra and Akshay boarded the flight which was fortunately on time. Akshay was fast asleep while Nakshatra was busy with her incomplete project which was supposed to be updated everyday without fail.

'Still working?' He whispered in his sleep nuzzling closer to her.
'Almost done, just few more minutes,' she said without taking her eyes off the screen.

Akshay slowly opened his eyes to see his wife, who looked no less than a studious nerd with circle framed specs.

'You are really a very obedient student!' he exclaimed. Nakshatra looked at him for the first time, his little eyes which were still longing for sleep and messy hair gave him a hard to resist look, taking in his little details she heaved a deep breathe closing her laptop.

'Yes, I am really a good student unlike you,' She said putting her laptop in her bag.
'I was a good student too,' he muttered when she rolled her eyes yawning deep.
'I m sorry,' Akshay said cupping her cheek.
'For?' She was puzzled.
'You are working late because of me,' He said.
'No! You are not the reason...'
'I know. I actually wanted to go with you for this trip but then you might feel that I am a control freak, who won't let his wife do her things. I was feeling very lonely and sad in your absence but I had no choice but to wait till you return. I tried my best not to interrupt your work so I came down on the last day of your project but still, here you are delaying your work because of me,' Akshay said in a sad tone.

Nakshatra was listening to him all the time with a cute smile dancing on her face.

'He is really something!' She thought.
'Nakshu.....' He snapped.
'Akshay I felt really happy when you came, nothing is more important than you to me. You didn't want to interrupt my work and I really appreciate that thought of yours but dear husband please stop over thinking!' She said.

'Am I really over thinking?' He gave a confused look and she nodded in yes.
'Fine,' He said pulling her closer into his embrace.

She entwined her hand in his and snuggled closer. He kissed her forehead before falling back to sleep.

Nakshatra never had a habit of sleeping on plane, she enjoyed reading books during flights and listening to music at greater heights. She was leafing through a magazine lazily when his diary caught her eyes,the same one which she ended up reading though intended not to. Even though she was caught that day, he didn't bring that up, it seemed like he was okay with her reading his personal diary. Again with conflicting thoughts she picked it up, finding him in a deep sleep she opened it.

*

Well, I can't believe I am doing this. I am writing this here because right now I want to scream on my top of the lungs and want everyone to hear it but I can't do that. I don't want to look like a lunatic so, the thing is I kissed her when....okay wait! After kissing her on the night of our reception when I took her out into the woods, I had much problem with my self control. It wasn't a peck, I really wanted to kiss her that night and I did. But after that I got into this habit of kissing her every morning before heading out. Thankfully,she isn't aware of this habit of mine because she sleeps like there is no tomorrow.

                                    *

'Nakshatra, what happened to your manners?' Akshay whispered making her gasp in horror. She fumbled on the book before putting it away. He chuckled at her act.
'Sorry!' she said in a very low voice.
'This is the second time if I am not wrong,' Akshay said.
'Sorry, I won't do that again!'
'You owe me an explanation then,' He said in a firm voice.
'I was just curious,' she said after a brief pause.
'And....'
Nakshatra saw him chuckling at her and retorted back,' I think you also owe me an explanation!'
'Huh? About?'
'About the things you have written in your book,' She was firm this time.
'You mean...the kiss?' He questioned intentionally. Her cheeks heated up with crimson.
'I can kiss you Nakshu, you are my wife,' Akshay genuinely answered.
'Then I can also read your diary, you are my husband,' She didn't regret saying that, 'And you are not allowed to kiss me without me knowing specially when I am asleep.'