Ch. 5 Between us

Y'all ain't ready for this

"Mmmm." I stretched before pulling Tory closer to me as she was trying to get out of bed. "Don't leave."

I felt her shift a little before cupping my face and caressing my cheek. "I gotta go to work." She kisses me and I instantly smile as my eyes were still closed. "So do you." She spoke.

Breathing out, I released her. "I don't work until eight." I laid there until I felt the bed move, which meant Tory was out of bed and now I was alone.

Groaning, I pull the covers over my bed and laid there. I didn't want to get up, knowing that it was at least five something since Tory wakes up so damn early. She's always up early, so she can enjoy coffee and the sunrise.

"Baby?" Tory called out then the covers move from my head and I open my eyes to adjust to the light that was coming from the lamp. "Don't cover your head. Will you get up with me? I want to drink coffee with you."

I rubbed my face then stretched. "Sure." I yawned as I looked up at her. She was smiling at me and I smiled back before making my body leave the bed.

We walk downstairs and I was trying not to trip. I was still trying to wake my body up cause I wasn't used to waking up this early. It was hard for my body to get out of bed when all I want to do is sleep more.

Walking into the kitchen, I sit on one of the stools that was at the counter. I watch as Tory was making coffee as I was trying to keep my eyes open. I leaned my chin into my hand as I stared at her.

She looks over at me and smiles. "Thanks for waking up with me, babe." She leans over the counter and kisses me. "I know you're tired." She caresses my cheek.

Smiling at her, I yawned before looking at her. "It's ok. I know how much you wanted me to drink coffee with you."

Tory has always tried waking me up because she's always wanting me to drink coffee with her and sit on the balcony to watch the sunrise. I loved that idea but my body just wouldn't wake up.

I decided to try it this morning.

After the coffee was done, she poured two cups then proceeded to pour creamer into them. I watched as she handed me a cup then I smiled as I smelt the aroma fill my nose.

"You want to go up on the balcony?" I nod as I followed her upstairs and to the balcony. It was a little cool outside this morning and there wasn't any light coming from the sky at all.

The stars were gone and the light from the streetlight were the only thing shining.

We sat down on the chairs we had bought for the balcony. It didn't come with any, so we knew we would have to buy some in order to sit up here and enjoy the view.

"I love this." Tory spoke, which made me look over at her. She reaches over and grabs my hand before squeezing it. "I love you, Carter. I love my life and I love everything." She takes a sip of her coffee as I did the same. "I'm right where I need to be." She smiles at me.

Smiling at her, I look around at everything and sigh. "I'm happy too. I'm happy with you. You make me happy." I watch as she smiles then looks around.

"I want you to be my wife one day." I watch as she looks over at me. "I mean it, Carter. I really want to spend the rest of my life with you." She runs her thumb over my knuckles. "I know that you're still young and you don't really think about marriage right now, but maybe in the future."

I smile as I look at her for a moment. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I smile, watching as she looks around then takes a sip from her cup. "Maddie said you've been having baby fever."