Ch. 10 Two Dozen Roses

Tory's POV

Hearing my alarm go off made me want to roll over and throw it against the wall. I wasn't ready to wake up and my body definitely wasn't ready for it.

I was completely sore from last night. Carter and I have did nothing but had sex.

I'm not complaining though, but my body is.

Last night, we were both in the mood and even though I knew I had work the next day, I just couldn't resist. I wanted Carter so bad, like I have been the last week. So I wasn't going to let work stop me.

Shutting my alarm off, I stretched then looked over and saw Carter sound asleep. Her hair was a mess, slightly falling over her bare shoulder and I couldn't help but smile.

I lean over and gently kiss her before moving the blanket off of me and getting up. I stretched more as I sat up then walked to the bathroom, ready to start this day.

Taking a shower in the mornings, in my opinion, is better than at night. I'm not really sure why it's better but I prefer the morning over the night.

Unless Carter wants to take one at night, then I'll agree.

After my shower, I wrap my towel around me then walked out of the bathroom and went to our closet. I smiled when I saw so many shirts, pants and dresses hanging up.

I was honestly the happiest I've been in years.

Struggling your whole life, trying to get by, really does something to you. I wasn't sure what to even do at some points cause money was such a big issue for me.

Waking up everyday in my old apartment with no money, no food and no clothes it was hard to wake up each day without wanting to turn back over and sleep forever.

Then Carter came into my life and everything changed.

I was happier and healthier than I've ever been. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her cause she helped me in so many ways, that I can't thank her enough for the things she's done.

Looking over at her as she was sleeping, I felt a tear roll down my cheek then quickly wipe it away before grabbing some clothes from the closet. I shut the door before walking over to my side of the room, placing my clothes on my desk and turning the lamp on.

I looked in the mirror at myself then smile before letting the towel fall off my body. I got dress before walking back into the bathroom, shutting the door and blow-drying my hair before brushing it out.

Putting hair product in it, I made sure it looked good before walking back out towards my desk and sitting down.

I grabbed my make-up before applying some. I glanced at the clock a few times before continuing my make-up routine.

Looking myself over in the mirror, I smile in satisfactory before shutting the lamp off and standing up.

I walk over to the bed, lean over it then gently kiss Carter. I watch as she stirs a little but doesn't wake up. I moved her hair from her face and stared at her for a moment before smiling.

"I love you so much, Carter. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I leaned down and kissed her once more before getting up and walking out of the room.

Piper raced me down the stairs. I made sure she had food as I went into the kitchen and made me some coffee, before packing me a lunch for today. I would make a small breakfast burrito also as I was prepping my lunch.

Carter didn't have to work today, so I wasn't concerned about asking Maddie to take me out to lunch. I love going to her work and watching her as I eat with my best friend, and it kind of sucks when she doesn't work some days.