Chapter 3: Chariots

Jasmine's Chariot outfit^^^

"Hey Peeta," I said pacing nervously.

"You look amazing!" He complimented.

"Thanks. You to," I told him and paced some more.

"You nervouse?" He asked me.

"No. I'm just gonna get set on fire," I said sarcastically.

"You dont look like a coal miner, twelve," I deap voice sounded behind me.

I turned and was faced with a very toned chest. I took a step back to stare into the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I have ever seen.

"Yeah. I guess our stylist got tired of us looking like shit. Good to see your still in armor," I sneered, but really. It was good to see.

"Whatever. You think you stand a chance in these games," he taunted.

"God I sure hope so. Wouldnt want to volunteer for nothing, " I told monotonously.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" He growled.

"Jasmine everdeen. And who the hell are you?" I asked with a smirk, ignoring Haymitchs terrified expression.

"Cato Hadley. Let's see what you got, twelve," he told me and went to walk back to his pack.

"See if you can catch up, two," I growled back making him laugh.

"What the hell did you just do sweetheart!" Haymitch asked me.

"I believe I just pissed off a career," I answered.

"They have to go now. Tell her shes a dead idiot later," cinna said positioning us.

The other tributes took off as cinna lit us on fire. We rode out looking fierce. The sound hit me at one. The cheering directed at twelve for the first time in years.

Peeta grabbed my hand, and I let him. We raised out hands and the crowd we wild. We smiled at eachother and then to the crowd.

This is happening! We arent being ignored. This made a huge smile creep onto my face as we circled to the president.

"Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor!" He yelled looking me in the eye.

I smiled right back. More like smirked. But a half smile non the less.

"You looked amazing!" Cinna gushed.

"We are all anyone's gonna be talking about!" Effie smiled.

"Hell yeah!" I agreed.

"Hes staring," Peeta whispered nodding over to cato.

Meet me in the hall, everdeen. Cato mouthed.

"Whatever. Let him stare," I said.

"Be careful. You know what he is," haymitch said as cato slipped out.

"I know. I promise to try not insult him anymore," I told him.

"Anymore!" He practically screamed.

"I have a big mouth," I defended and saw Cato staring at me from the edge of the hall.

"I have to use the ladies room. I'll be back for you to lecture me in a minute," i said before walking over.

Cato disappeared around the corner as I walked over.

I entered the hall and walked down until I was pulled into a room. A hand was in front of my mouth making sure I couldn't scream and I heard the door lock.

"Dont scream, Twelve," Cato whispered in my eye.

"The hell, Two," I hissed at him.

I looked to see we were in a small sitting area.

"No one will be in here for a minute," he told me.

"Why did you want to talk to me?" Asked him as he licked his lips.

"You intrigue me. You arent scared of me, " he said circling me.

"I dont know if its lack of fear, or lack of control over my mouth," I said making hin laugh.

"Whatever it is. It makes you stand out. You dont cower in my presence, " he said stepping closer to me.

"Why would I. So what if your from two. Anything can happen in those games and I have a family waiting on me to win," I told him.

"You will have to kill me first, " he said with a smirk.

"Was planning on it, two," I said back.

He grabbed my waist and lightly shoved me against the wall. He put his face inches from mine, his blue eyes dark. My heart started beating quick, but I kept my breathing steady.

"How about we arrange a deal, Twelve?" He asked, his mouth next to my ear.

"What kind of deal," I managed to get out in an even tone.

"You will find out," he said hovering his lips above mine.

Neither of us moved. We just stared at eachother. Both of us with a fierce look.

"You have guts. I admire you twelve. This wont be our last meeting," he said and pushed himself away.

That left me slightly flustered after he shut the door. I took a minute to compose myself and walk back out to my team, completely ignore Cato.

We talked for a bit before we decided to head up. We walked up and ate a quick bite before I turned in. I took a shower and washed all my make up off.

I got into bed and fell asleep quickly, those blue eyes not leaving my mind.