Chapter 6: Ticking off some Game makers

I hide in the bathroom. I was really nervous for today. I couldnt breathe. Today would decide my standing. Just a few cuts wood calm my nerves.

No! You quit a few months ago. Dont relapse.  I say there panicking for a few minutes before I picked up a blade.

"Just one," I whispered, taking the blade across my wrist.

I felt better, but not good enough," one more."

One more turned into another. Then another. I made about five cuts in all, but I was calm enough to leave. I cleaned my cuts and put on a long sleeved shirt and jeans.

"You ready sweetheart?" Haymitch asked me.

"Yeah!" I said with a fake smile.

"What, no sarcastic remark?" Peeta asked.

"Let me drink my damn coffee first!" I said making them laugh.

"There it is," effie said shaking her head, but she had a small smile.

After we are breakfast and I had my damn coffee we walked down and waited for the the peacekeepers to call us in.

Luckily I was sitting by thresh. We held hands in friendly way, to help calm me down. And we talked about what we were gonna do. I was nervous like no ones buisness.

Cato came out with a huge smirk. He walked proudly but stopped at me.

"Goodluck," he said with a snarky tone.

"Whatever two," I said halfheartedly. I wasnt feeling it today.

He gave me a weird look before continuing on his way.

"Your off," thresh whispered to me.

"I won't be when I show the gamemakers who's boss," i told him.

He hesitantly nodded as we waited for the others.

"Thresh James."

"Show then why you belong here," I told him.

"You do the same Jas," and hes gone.

"You ready?" Peeta asked me.

"Yep. You?" I ask him.

"Sure," I wait until thresh leaves.

"Their drunk. Be impressive," he whispers to me.

"Jasmine Everdeen."

"Throw straight," I heard peeta call.

"Be strong," I reply an enter the room.

"Jasmine Everdeen. 12," some look up.

I take a knife throw and flip it in the air catch it and throw. It lands right in the head, but no one was watching it. This decides my life and they arent watching.

I pick up. There knives and hold them wolverine style. I flick my hand towards the game makers. On hits a apple from a bigshot knife. On hit the wall about Seneca Cranes head. And the other hits the pig in the head knocking it off the table.

"Now that I have your attention, here I go!" I pick up on last knife and do what i did the first, and I hit the knife that was already on the target, sticking it.

"Good day!" I snarled before walking out.

What did I just do? I'm gonna get a three. There gonna kill prim. There going to kill my sister. I ran upstairs and to my room. I locked the door and ran to the bathroom. I got my blade and set it on my wrist.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." I cut everytime.

I guess it's safe to say I relapsed. It makes sense I guess. To relapse at a time like this. What I just did will kill me and my family. I sobbed loudly as the blood dripped down my arm.