Chapter 14: reaction

Gales POV

I havent been able to get katniss out of her room. She isnt seeing what her sister started. She isnt seeing what Prim is continuing. Jasmine may be dead but what she started will live on...through prim.

I've never seen her so strong. She started riots in twelve and eleven. Its spreading throughout all the districts. I've never seen her so tough. Such a leader. Especially while katniss wont leave her room.

Prim POV

I was outraged when i saw my sister break from everyone she loved died. Not as outraged when I saw cato and jasmine kill themselves. Next thing I know I'm running to where the twelve reaping happens. My shy little girl act is over.

"They are killing and destroying our children! My sister and the man she loves is dead. The capital killed them! We cant stand for this anymore!" I did the three finger salute and the people gathered around me did it aswell.

"Peeta wont die in vain. Rue wont die in vain. Thresh won't die in vain. Cato wont die in vain! Jasmine Everdeen wont die in vain! We need a revolution! I wont wait for another scared twelve year old to be forced into a game filled with torture and death and depression! Not anymore!"

I don't know where my voice came from, but I'm done standing in silence.

Haymitches POV

Shes dead. I thought she would live and be the change we needed. Shes dead. I had hope and shes dead.

I looked out the window expecting partying but saw silence. I saw the capital in mourning. Jasmine was supposed to win. She was supposed to cause a change. Then the TV turned on. I heard her little sisters speech.

"What's going on?" Effie asked me.

"Jasmine started the revolution," I told her.

I thought she had to live to do it, but maybe she had to die.

Cinna POV

I sat in my designing room laughed. Jasmine Everdeen my girl was the reason for the uproar of the games. Capital guards came in, and i knew what was about to happen.

"Any last words!" One yelled at me.

I just looked at him and smirked.

"I was smart to bet on her."