Part 12

"Toby? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. I've missed you... so much. Can we talk?"

"I would love to talk but I no longer live here, we can go to a cafe nearby though."

We walked awkwardly to the cafe. It was a bit more awkward since he insisted on carrying my luggage and everything. I didn't know whether to hug him or give him a handshake; it was too weird seeing him again.

"Do you want to talk about why you're leaving him?"

"No. What made you come back?"

"I had a feeling that you needed me... Was I wrong?"

"You were always a creep. I just can't be with him anymore. I made a mistake."

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I didn't think you'd ever want to talk to me again."

"I'm sorry for what I said, I didn't mean it. Well I did, but I realized a life without you isn't worth living, even if I have to be just your friend."

"You really mean it?"

"When have I ever lied to you?"

"Never."

"That's right. Just listen to Toby babe."

He made me crack up. After the first hour, it was like he never left and we were back in foster care. I didn't realize how much I missed it until Toby start laughing, a sound I would never forget.

"When are you leaving?"

"I was going to leave tonight but it seems like I might have to stay a bit longer."

"Why?"

"I don't want to leave you."

"You should go back home. I'll be fine, I'll stay at sophia's for a while. Just call me when you're back in the area."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

He gave me a really long hug like I'd disappear into thin air.

"I really missed you Toby. I love you."

"Yeah... Just not in the way I love you."

"I'm so-"

"No, I'm sorry. I can't make you love me. But I will always be here for you. Just know that."

A kiss on the cheek and he was gone. He offered me a ride but I said I'd go by myself.
.............................................................
I was halfway to Sophia's house when Josh called me.

"Hey."

"Can you come over Har?"

"I was on my way over to Sophia's..."

"Oh." a sound of disappointment.

"What's going on Josh?"

"I just really wanted to talk to you."

"I'll be there in 20." I sighed.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, see you when you get here."

"K, bye."

Great.... walking more with these stupid suitcases. Why does everyone want me today?

"Come on in."

"Are you okay Josh? What's going on?"

"I could ask the same thing. Are we having a sleep over for the rest of our lives?"

"Wha-? Oh, the suitcases."

"Nawwww"

"Well! I left Chri-.. My boyfriend."

"Oh. Why? Nevermind, go sit down and then tell me."

"Long story short, he was cheating on me with his ex."

"That bastard! Where is he?!"

"Calm down Josh. I don't know where he is and I don't really want to know at the moment. Let's move on from this. Why'd you want me to come?"

"I just wanted to see you. I missed you. Where are you going to stay?"

"I was planning on staying at Sophia's."

"Stay here. With me."

"I don't think that's a good idea and I don't think your mom would let me stay anyways."

"Are you kidding? My mom would have a parade and she's on vacation right now anyways. Nobody will be home for the next month."

"Why would you do that for me?"

"You really had to ask? But why would it be a bad idea?"

"You really have to ask?"

"Touché. But please, I won't try anything and you won't have to pay for anything, I promise."

"I don't know, I feel like I should tell sophia."

"Tell her you're staying with me."

I finally gave in.

"There's a guest room across the hall from my room if you want to be by yourself... or you can always crawl up in my bed with me."

"Haha, thanks but I don't think i'll need to crawl up in your bed."

"Well, you don't have to crawl. You can always jump into it."

"You know what I mean you boob."

"Boob? Am I a big one at least?"

"If I say yes, will you leave me alone?"

"Gasp. Leave you alone? Never."

"Whatever, I'm going to get some sleep."

"Sweet dreams, and I'm being serious, if you want company, you know where to find me."

"I might just take you up on that. Good night."

"Sweet dreams."