ELEVEN

[ i r i s p o v ]

My little brother is a fucking pain in the ass.

"Is this yours?" I barged into his room without warning, holding up a letter we got mail today. It was the previous month's bank statements. I had already opened it and read it, just to discover that we're losing a ton of money in me and brother's shared bank account. It couldn't be me because I have not spent a dollar from my bank since I got back home.

"No." Riley said, not even looking up from the tv.

"You don't even know what it is." I walked over and showed him the mail from the bank. He looked at it, then looked at me and sheepishly smiled.

"Oh right. Yeah, that was me." His eyes shifted back to the tv.

"Okay. So..." I dragged the end of sentence, to wait for a response from my brother to get his attention. "Where's the money going?" I said, looking at him even though he wasn't paying one bit of attention towards our conversation.

"You know, the usual necessities for us to live around here. Food, clothes. Doing all the errands and grocery shopping in this household." He shrugged. I really wasn't buying it.

Living with the boy for 16 years, and all I learned is that anything that came out of his mouth was just bullshit to me. It was just lies. When I was 8, I asked 6-year-old Riley if he had seen my Barbie dolls anywhere. He said he didn't know. But later that day, I found him trying to flush them down the toilet when I walked into the bathroom. When I was 16, I asked 14-year-old Riley if he were he was going. He said he was going boating with a few friends for a while. I found him at the party that Rafe forced me to go to, and that's where I had the worst time of my life. And that's also when I found out my brother and Rafe were the stupidest people on the planet. Rafe invited me to a party that Riley didn't want me to know he was going to? Yes, as stupid as it sounded, it was true.

Anyways, long story short. Brothers are just a pain in the ass and all they do is lie.

"You? Doing the errands and grocery shopping in this house?" I kept my eyes on him until he gave me a response, but he was still too focussed on the tv. There wasn't even anything interesting, he was playing the same old video games he does every single day of his life. I lightly hit slapped him with the mail I held in my hands when he didn't give me the response I wanted. Which was "yes."

"Jesus Christ, Riles. You don't do anything useful around this house, but only when I tell you to and you're just gonna take all the credit I do in this house." I told him, before getting up and storming out of his room. I didn't even wait for a response because I knew he was just going to give me some bullshit.

It was almost 10pm at night and I didn't want to put up with his non-sense. So I decided to just take a walk.

So I don't know how, but I found myself walking further away from home than I planned. And that's when I bumped into the Rafe Cameron. God, I always bump into him at the worst times.

"What are you out here? It's almost midnight." I asked him, flashing him a confused look, only because I was concerned since it was getting dark out and he was alone.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I asked first." I stood in front of him, crossing my arms, waiting for a response. I'm usually not even this concerned for my brother's friend, but my gut feeling and something about him right now made me question that he was unsettled.

I can almost hear his breathing hitch when I asked, as his eyes also widened, like he didn't want to answer my question. "Oh, um. You don't have to answer if you want to." I quickly said, feeling guilty.

"Yeah, it's not like my dad just kicked me out of the house or anything." I heard him mutter under his breath.

"Okay, and?" I was curious to hear what else he was going to say because I legit thought he was kidding. I immediately felt guilty when i realized. "Oh shit, you're serious."

a/n:
okay so like,, i have no idea
where i'm going with
this story anymore. i literally
just started this for fun (with
literally no plan on finishing it).
my writing is going 📉📉

but apparently a lot of u like it
since it blew up. and im only
keeping up with this because
of all of u. and i love you guys for
that.