FOURTEEN

IRIS POV

The next morning wasn't all that great. But it wasn't bad either.

I spent the day out on the boat with my brother. He insisted on 'special sibling bonding time.' Honestly, I think this was because of what happened last night.

But when lunchtime came around, I told him I was going out. Thinking of The Wreck or something.

I bumped into John B on my way there. "Oh my god, Ris. Sorry. Long time no see." He smiled. Maybe it was a bit too much.

"Someone looks more than happy." I raised an eyebrow at him. John B was a rather more serious guy, and I rarely saw him happy. Especially that his dad was missing.

"Yeah. Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not."

"Yeah, he was definitely too happy than usual. What's up?" I was getting way to curious now.

"What? Nothing. Nothing's up." He looked at me, all confused.

"No, definitely something is up."

"Okay, okay!" He held his hands up in surrender. "I may or may not made love with the Sarah Cameron."

My eyes widened at his exclaim. "I'm sorry, what? Who?"

"Sarah Cameron. You know, Kook Queen. Kinda-" He started to explain but I cut him off.

"No, I know who Sarah Cameron is. I'm just shocked. I thought you didn't like Sarah."

"Yeah, well, people change." He shrugged. "Oh and did I mention that her dad took me in and saved me a spot in Tanneyhill?"

"Wow. Uh, I guess I missed a lot."

"Yeah. It's like we never see you a lot lately. Something up?"

I sighed. "No. But there's been a lot with my brother and Rafe's shenanigans again."

"Ooooh. Rafe Cameron, I hear." John B nudged me in the side. "So are you gonna be my future in-law or someth-"

"No, it's not like that."

"Really? It's not." He said. "You know, as much as I hate the guy, I feel like you guys are spending more time together than with us Pogues."

"Geez, John B. Miss me already?" I said, giving him a mock pouty face.

"I never said that. But yeah. I guess I do. Kie and the others have been looking for you. Worried, I guess."

"Well, tell them I'm fine. I've just been busy around the house."

"Will do. See ya around, Ris." He said, before we parted ways.

~

Later that night, Riley wanted a party at our house. As much as I didn't want a party, since it just meant more cleaning, I decided to just agree with Riley because I thought it would be a good break for all of us.

There wasn't this many people in the house ever since Riley threw a party behind my back 2 years ago and the house was literally packed.

I sat out in the backyard. Coincidentally, there were more people, but they were all off doing their own usual thing. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. Most of them were in our pool.

I looked around and me and Rafe eye contact before he made his way over to me. I didn't really feel like talking to him at the moment. Not after our inconvenient pathetic fight last night. I just wished we could both forget about that.

"Want a sip?" He asked, holding up his drink to me. I just shook my head. I still don't drink. Ever since the last time I drank beer.

Long story short, I can't really handle my alcohol.

"Your loss, Ris." was all Rafe said before he left me to go to his friends.

"You know you should probably forgive him." My brother walked up from behind me as I was in a trance.

"Hm?" I said, getting him to repeat what he just said.

"Apologize to him." He said, sternly.

"Why should I be the one apologizing?"

"Because for the first time in forever, you were finally wrong for once." Riley took a sip from his cup. "Besides, if you don't, he'll probably just move on from us and find new friends." He slurred on his words. "I mean, don't get me wrong, Ris, but I can see where he's coming from. Why would anyone want to be friends with you? He'd probably just go off and fuck other girls too. Not that I'd ever want you fucking my best friend."

I probably shouldn't have gotten as offended as I did, but I couldn't resist my temper.

He was right. He was right that I was wrong for the first time in forever. And so I grabbed his drink from his hands and took a sip for the first time in forever.

The rest of the night wasn't really a blur to me. It just seemed like the night lasted like 5 seconds.

a/n:
bye i hate this book😍