The Phoenix and the Dragon

"Merlin had a vision about you?" Hermione screeched incredulously. Harry nodded, a bright smile creeping over his face.

"Mate this is bloody brilliant. You and Draco are gonna be the most powerful wizards ever!" Ron looked like he was going to burst. That is until he saw Draco's shocked expression.

"What?" The red-head asked.

"Nothing, you just...you called me Draco. You never cal me by my first name." Harry glanced at his boyfriend, who looked as if he was on the verge of tears. He gave Draco's hand a comforting squeeze.

"My actions are no longer justified. You have been nothing but nice to Harry since he got that mark. I know why you did the things you did to him. I have forgiven you." Ron said sincerely, giving Draco a friendly pat on the shoulder.

Harry bit back the growl, trying not to spoil the moment. But to no prevail. Hermione jumped at the sudden aggression.

"Sorry! I can't always help it." Harry said sheepishly.

They all shared a laugh, which seemed to brighten the atmosphere of the house.

Hermione was the first to compose herself, reaching into that amazing bag of hers with the undetectable extension charm. She pulled out a notebook filled with scruffy drawings of the runes and soul mark that the two bear.

"I started a book of research based on what we discovered last time. This and Merlin's diary will prove useful sources to convince the ministry that you mean no harm." Hermione paused for a second, gathering her thoughts. "Although you will have to show them that you have control over your power."

"But Mione, we don't." Draco nodded at Harry's statement. The magic coursing through them was like nothing they had ever felt before. It was raw, untamed and powerful; it terrified them to the bone.

"Well I guess we will have to help you learn." Ron said with a determined expression.

The rest of the day was spent with Hermione and Ron throwing random tests at the pair.

To help control their aggression, Hermione and Ron took turns getting close to Harry and Draco. At first they could barley be within arm's distance without getting a growl. But after hours of persistence, they got it down to a few centimetres.

This small improvement have them hope.

Hope is all they need.

Sorry for the incredibly short chapter, writers block is a bitch.
I promise I will get a longer chapter to you soon.

Thank you for all the votes and reads, it means the world to me!

Until next time!