Chapter 43 - Ethan

Girlfriend. If you asked me two months ago I would laugh at your face. Never ever crossed my mind to have a girlfriend. But now, I can't even think about my life without Madeline. She gives colors to my life. Even though our status is just 3 days by now. But I feel like we've been together for forever.

And somehow I become more poetic with this new status as a boyfriend. What the hell, Ethan?

Here we are in my Bentley. Madeline glares at me with her sexy eyes. It is still fresh in my mind, the way her eyes glassy when I make her come.

"So, will you explain to me about this, Mr. Hall?"

"About?" I'm trying my best to hold in my laughter. This woman is just too cute.

"About why I have to sit in your car this morning and about this!" She shows me her phone's screen. It's us from yesterday. She looks so pretty. I couldn't help myself. Last night I asked Anna to call the paparazzi and ask them to send the picture.

"I'm afraid I need you to explain to me what exactly is your question, Ms. Parker?"

She pouts her lips adorably and I want to kiss her mouth, so I lean closer but she pushes me. "What?" I ask, surprised. "A boyfriend entitled for a morning kiss!" I complain.

She smirks. "You will, Mr. Hall. If you answered my 2 earlier questions."

I laugh. "Wise ass." I steal a kiss. It's so fast she can't even react. "Okay, Sweetness. I pick you up because I want to. I missed you. Every boyfriend is allowed to pick his girlfriend to work, right? Especially since they work in the same place."

"The more accurate statement is... I work for you," she says, still narrowing her eyes at me. "Is this my punishment because I don't want you to buy me a car?"

She got me! I laugh and lean closer to her ear. "You don't know what kind of punishment I want to give you, Sweetness." And her face blushes beautifully. "As for the magazine, I just found it this morning. But there is nothing wrong with it. First, it's true you are my girlfriend. Second, the pic looks good. I asked the magazine for the copy picture without the headlines, so I can use it as my lock screen."

"You wouldn't dare!" She narrows her eyes. I raise my eyebrow at her. "You really meant it!" She says scandalously.

I laugh. "I answered all the questions. So can I get my morning kiss?" I pull her nape, but she pushes me, again. I groan. "What now, Sweetness?" Just give me a damn kiss, I've been dreaming about those sexy lips all night.

"Ethan. I'm serious! What should we do with this news?" she hisses.

"Nothing. My PR team contacted me this morning. They just said if it's true and we are really in a relationship, we don't have to do anything. That's why I'm here with you on our way to the office like another normal day."

"You sure you want people to know this?" she asks me. Her voice is small.

"You don't want to?" I ask her warily. I sense a knot in my belly.

"No, no, Ethan. It's not me. I don't mind." The knot loosens. "It's you."

"Me?" I ask, surprised. Did I hear right??

"Yeah... you okay to be seen with me? I'm not as pretty as your previous women." She unconsciously tucks a non-existent tendril. She tied her hair in a fancy bun that women like.

Is she out of her mind?

"What do you mean?" I stare at her and she looks away. I touch her chin and pull her face back to me. "Listen to me, Sweetness. I want you to be my girlfriend. I don't mind to be seen with you. Actually, I want the entire world to know you are mine. Any man will be very proud to have a girlfriend like you. Smart and beautiful, sharp and sweet, but the most important things are, you look at me from your heart, you value our relationship not based on my status and my net worth, you give the colors to my life, you make me want to be a better person for us. Every other woman pale compared to you. You believe what I say?" I look at her deeply. I mean it. I want her to know I'm serious.