28: "Definitely a Thing."

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

 𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

"Wow." Elena says as she admires my work of art. "Yours actually came out pretty good."

We've been outside in the snow building snowmen for the past two hours while my mom is cooking Christmas dinner for everyone inside. This is Elena's first time ever having a Christmas dinner, and when my mom found out that little bit of information she decided to go all out for her. I'll have to thank her later for it.

"Thanks." I grin proudly at my little snowman and then look over to hers. It's completely lopsided, the carrot being stuck where the mouth should be. "Yours is..." I trail off, trying to find a way to compliment it.

"Shut up." She bursts into laughter and picks up some snow, tossing it in my direction. "It's not the best. It's my first time ever handling snow!"

I dodge the snowball and race over to her, picking her up so that she's over my shoulder. We both laugh even harder now as I stumble to the ground and gaze down at her. There's little pieces of snow everywhere in her hair, her light brown eyes lit up with pure joy. How the hell did I ever end up scoring her?

"I love you." I tell her. "I'm really glad we've stopped holding back from saying it."

"I love you too." She cheeses.

"Hey love birds!" Dion shouts out the window as he pulls his jeep into the driveway. He steps out with a dish covered in tinfoil, giving me a roll of the eyes. "My mom wanted me to bring these cookies. She said your mom was talking about them or something, I don't know. I'm just the delivery boy."

"Here, I'll take them to her." Elena grasps the dish from Dion. "I'm cold anyways."

I watch her walk away before Dion starts to chuckle and raises his eyebrows up at me. "So... you and Elena?" He questions. "Is that a thing now?"

"Definitely a thing." I smirk.

He clasps hands with me and brings me in for a hug, patting me on the back. "I'm happy for you, bro." He says. "It's about damn time!"

When we enter back inside the house, the smell of ham and potatoes seeps into my nose. There's Christmas music blasting as my dad is finishing putting the presents around the tree, and my mom and Elena already have a cookie in their mouths. Elena has an apron around her waist, so I'm assuming she offered to help my mom cook dinner.

"Oh, Dion!" My mom gets a huge smile on her face and races over to embrace him in a hug. "It's so good to see you, honey. Please tell your mom thank you for me whenever you see her. That was so thoughtful."

"Will do Mrs. Quan. Merry Christmas." He nods, glancing over towards Elena. "Congrats on making it official by the way."

"Dion." I mutter lowly, giving him a death stare. He pieces two and two together that not everyone knows we're a couple. I haven't told my parents yet. We've kept it from them for almost two weeks now.

Elena's cheeks go bright red when my mom looks at her then looks back at me. "Well." My mom says, giving Elena's hand a squeeze. "Isn't this just a day of celebrations?"

"I'm going to kill you." I smack the back of Dion's head playfully, and he starts to laugh, running over to the couch where my dad is, in fear that I'll do it again.

I go to grab a drink when my mom comes over and gives me a long embrace. My cheeks instantly flame from embarrassment. "I'm so happy for you." She pulls away and places her hands on my cheeks. "You deserve this honey."