Chapter 56: Battle for the World Begins!

War Recap:

The Allied Shinobi Forces have gathered. Obito arrives along with the reanimated Ashina, Tobirama, and the Third Raikage. Hashirama and Madara are reanimated. Obito engages in battle with Kakashi/Team. The Five Kage are blown away by Madara as Haku prepares to fight Madara and Hashirama.

FWOOSH!

A giant blue sword struck downwards at Mazu's head but was countered by a giant blue wave that arrived just in time from Nade's attack. Mazu slammed the ground with its tail and shouted, "Heavenly Sage Art: Earth Style Grand Chasm Jutsu!" The earth began to shake and tremble as a large trench in the ground opened up beneath both Madara's Perfect Susanoo and Hashirama's Wood Golem. The trench was so deep that the bottom couldn't be seen. Just as the Perfect Susanoo and Wood Golem were falling down into the bottomless pit the Susanoo spread open its wings and flew into the air while giant wood tendrils sprouted out from the sides of the trench creating a foothold for the Wood Golem and lifted it back safely onto land.

Dako took this chance to whip out 3 of its giant 80 meter long tentacles and whacked the Wood Golem off balance while he used 2 of his other tentacles to grab the Susanoo's leg and slammed it back onto the ground.

BANG! BOOM!

Two giant craters formed from the fall of both the Wood Golem and the Susanoo. Nade took this chance to create a giant sphere of water that enveloped both the Wood Golem and the Susanoo. Haku quickly weaved his hand signs and shouted, "Sage Art: Freezing Mist Jutsu!" He breathed out a large cold frosty mist freezing the water that held the Golem and Susanoo, however, just before the mist could cover the entire water dome it was slashed apart from a giant blue Susanoo's blade. Right after, 3 giant Wood Dragons erupted from underneath the ground and entangled Mazu, Dako, and Nade in a tight vice grip hold draining their chakra. Haku frowned and was about to activate a Jutsu to help free the three guardians when another giant Wood Dragon appeared and wrapped itself around Haku.

"Ugh! Damn it!" Haku cursed in frustration as he felt his strength leaving his body.

Kimimaro immediately felt his heart clench as he monitored Haku's fight against Madara and Hashirama. He quickly calmed his emotions and said through gritted teeth, "I won't let you hurt my brother! Nine Dragons Breathing: 8th Breath!" Maro circulated 8 cycles of deep breathing. After all this time he had been able to formulate up to the 8th breath and laid the foundations for the 9th. He had yet to even activate up to the 6th breath during the entire war, but at this moment he went straight to activating the 8th. As soon as he finished taking in the 8th breath his body released a dense purple aura that gave off a feeling of incredible power. He took one look at Hiruzen and said, "I'm sorry Hiruzen-sensei, Haku needs my help."

Hiruzen nodded, "Mn, go. I will hold off Ashina."

Maro nodded and took one leap forward. The speed at which he moved was so incredibly fast that the sound and destruction left in the wake of his one leap didn't appear until after a fraction of a second later. Just as Madara threw out 4 Yasaka Magatama Beads at the three guardians and Haku a loud BANG was heard accompanied by a flash of purple light. Madara widened his eyes in surprise as he took in what just happened. His four Beads were instantly shattered and Hashirama's 4 Wooden Dragons were destroyed. He stared at the purple aura cloaked shinobi standing next to Haku and said amusedly, "Impressive. I don't recognize the technique you're using but it seems to be Taijutsu and Senjutsu. Who are you?"

Kimimaro ignored Madara and turned to Haku. "Are you alright? You aren't hurt are you? I'm sorry it took me so long to get here."

Haku shook his head while taking a deep breath. "I'm fine Maro. You made it just in time." He took a quick glance at Maro and asked, "Is this the result of the Nine Dragons Breathing Technique? You've perfected it then Maro?"