𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚈𝙰𝚂𝙼𝙸𝙽
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

"Call me, Yasmin, please."

Zara's skin felt soft and smooth, and I could feel her warmth just from a few seconds of hugging her.

A soft smile appeared on her face. I liked the way her mouth curved when she smiled. My eyes fell on her lips, thinking of how moist it was right now.

"You have a lovely home. Thank you so much for inviting me over."

"Have a seat." I motioned toward a set of armchairs. She sat in one, and I sat in the other. "Let me get to the point. You are going to organize a get together for myself and friends. This would be the first time I am having a party in Nigeria after my divorce."

"You are not married?" Zara asked.

A lace excitement was in her voice. Was she excited? Did she want me the way I wanted her?

"Sorry that came out wrong. What I was trying to say..."

"Yes, I am not married. That is not going to be a problem, right?"

She didn't say a word, but that soft smile of hers appeared once again. God, was she beautiful.

I cleared my throat to bring me back to my senses. "I know you are not an event planner or any of that stuff. I like how you have handled your company and how organized thighs are—even though it's a small business. But, I am not that easy to impress."

"That's fine. I'll start by saying the event should be hosted in your house rather than an event hall. Since they are your friends, it would be more personal."

I leaned back in my chair and smiled. Trying to cover the fact I just slipped and mentioned thighs, instead of things. I needed to focus. "That's all I need to hear. Let's do this, shall we?"

"Thank you, Ms..., sorry, Yasmine. I hope this won't interfere with your investment in my company."

"Of course not," I replied, standing up and offered her my hand. She stood and took my hand.

Our hands lingered a beat or two longer, and the handshake seemed more personal. Her brown hazel eyes were sparkling.

"Why don't you stay over for lunch?"

Someone cleared their throat, turning my attention to the door. "Emenike. I thought you were upstairs with Kelani?" I waved at Zara to give us a minute.

He didn't say a word but stared at her as she walked out of the office. "Is she your girlfriend?"

"What's your business with that, eh?"

He took a deep breath and kept shaking his head. "You really do not get it at all, do you? You can't do this your lesbian thing here, especially when your husband is a Senator."

"Ex husband!" I shouted. "I have had enough of this attitude of yours. Why don't you go and warn your friends to stop having sex with their fellow men? See who is calling the kettle black.

"I don't think you understand what is going to happen to you if you go public about all this."

I scoffed at him. "Maybe I am the change this country desperately needs." 

I could hear Yasmin and the man argue back and forth, but I wasn't sure if it was about me or something else altogether

Yasmin walked out, looking a bit upset, but once she saw me, a smile appeared on her face. "Shall we go?"

I nodded.

"This way," she said as she placed her hand lightly on my back. I felt a tingle along my spine and butterflies in my stomach. Zara!

We passed through the massive kitchen and into the dining room, which had a living room on the other end. "So, how do you like my home?" She asked as she poured wine into my glass.

"It's beautiful and quiet."

"I am sure it is," Yasmin said. "The house wasn't this beautiful when I bought it. I had a lot of renovations done, and it took me almost a year to get it all done. It was worth it in the end, nonetheless."

"It seems like a huge deal to you. I can see it all over your face."

She let out a chuckle. "Of course, it is. Especially with an attractive young lady to have dinner with."

There was an awkward silence. This woman was giving me mixed signals, one minute she flirts with me, next minute she is all bossy. Woman, make your choice.

"I am sorry," Yasmin said after a few moments of silence. "Should I have not said you are attractive?"

"No. It's fine," I told her.

"I normally don't talk this way. I am a bit excited. Maybe it's the wine."

"It's no problem."

"I doubt Lolia would agree with you. Why does she hate you?" Yasmin asked, with her eyebrows raised.

Instead of asking me if I like her or something that would ease the sexual tension—she had to touch on something I hardly talked about. "I don't think she hates me. She is probably looking out for you, and she's your lawyer, after all."

She gave me a gentle smile and said no word. We continued talking, but now about the event, I was to organize for her.

I didn't think it was a good idea to mix business with pleasure. Yasmin flirting with me or saying I was attractive, did not mean she wanted something, right?

 Yasmin flirting with me or saying I was attractive, did not mean she wanted something, right?