𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙰
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

The sun had begun to set over Yasmin's backyard; beauty was everywhere. Thanks to Nena, who helped reach out to vendors and keep a tab on everything that needed to be done.

She was such a sweetheart even though we both knew we were not going to be more than friends.

"This is a lovely party you have put together, young lady," Senator Bruce, Founder of SilverBird Group, mentioned to Yasmin. "Even when I was a senator, I am not sure I have attended such an organized event, as this."

"Thank you, Sen. Ben," Yasmin replied with a smile on her face. "I won't take the credit though, my event planner Zara, made it all happen."

"Then my, darling Yasmin, that was a smart decision."

She let out a chuckle and tapped him on the shoulders. "Ben Murray Bruce, show your appreciation by hiring her to plan your daughter's wedding."

"Let me get her information then. As far as is recommended by her godmother, Ms. Yasmin, she will gladly love that."

I had no business card earlier; even though I knew with all I had done, this kind of situation was bound to happen. So, I had decided to print some as quickly as possible. "Of course," I replied as I handed him a card walking towards where they were.

"You have done a good job, young lady," he responded and walked away.

I dreaded this moment, being alone with Yasmin. She was going to pry to know what was going on. I don't know how she did it, but it was like she knew when something was wrong with me. But I don't want to talk about it, I told myself.

"Thank you, Yasmin. For asking me to do this, even if I had no experience."

"You have done an amazing job for a first-time event planner. But, permit me to say you don't look happy as I would have imagined."

I took a deep breath, thinking of the right response. "Yeah, but it's nothing serious. Trust me."

She quietly laughed and sipped the wine she had in her hand. "You look lovely this evening, by the way. I don't know why I kept forgetting to tell you."

The warm and fuzzy feeling I felt around her came back, and I couldn't help but produce a genuine smile—with tears threatening to fall. "Thank you..." I mumbled but couldn't stay any longer.

I quickly ran away, not wanting her to see me in this horrible state. As much as I felt I should tell her everything, I just couldn't. I wasn't ready.

I found myself shocked when she ran away, which definitely got me worried, but I had guests to finish with first

"Yasmin, the go-getter!" A voice shouted behind me.