Chapter 14. The Chief and His Alpha.

Y/n - Speak.
Hiccup - Speak.

~No one's P.O.V~

"Chief Hiccup?" Y/n tried out as the male slowly got her up, lifting most of her weight to make sure she didn't hurt herself by standing, "It doesn't sound so bad." She stated, a grin on her lips.

"Really?" Hiccup lifted an eyebrow, his arms wrapped tightly around her hips to hold her up, "Because I thought-"

"Well, you think wrong." Y/n cut Hiccup off with her conclusion, crossing her arms childishly before snorting.

"I told you, didn't I?" She placed her hand on his chest, "It was in here all along." She quickly pushed the button for Hiccup's flight suit, making the gliding fin pop out of his back.

"Ha, ha. Still doing that one?" Hiccup questioned as a couple of people in the crowd laughed along with Y/n.

Valka smiled at them while Stoick wrapped his strong arm around her, watching along with her with warm eyes.

"That-That's hilarious." He chuckled, shaking his head, "Come here, you." One of his hands left her hips to round her neck, pulling her lips to his.

"Ooh." Gobber stood with his mouth slightly open, glancing down, he quickly covered a boy's eyes with his wooden hand, breaking his sight of the two.

Hiccup let out a silent moan before pulled away, a thin string of saliva connecting their lips. Panting ever so slightly, he turned to the one who had caught his attention.

Gothi stood right behind him, Stoick and Valka standing side by side behind her a couple of steps back.

The elder gestured for him to get down. His eyes went to his parents before he looked behind him. Y/n nodded, urging him on.

He smiled softly as he kneeled down in front of the old lady, both of his hands resting on his left knee. Gothi let her hand slide over coal of one of the fallen, large torches.

Hiccup closed his eyes while Gothi drew the Chief symbol on his forehead. He opened them once he felt her fragile fingers leave. She smiled, giving him a bow.

He slowly got up, holding his head up proudly. His green eyes met the ones of his parents, who held proud and happy smiles.

Stoick's hands left the shoulders of his wife so he could spread them openly, holding them upwards, "The Chief has come home!" At his shout, the crowd broke into a loud cheer.

Y/n couldn't help but soften her eyes at Hiccup's shy smile. Pulling a familiar crystal out of her pocket, she placed it in his hand.

His eyes widened a little at the sudden lightweight in his hand. However, shock appeared in them once he saw it.

"Why would you burn that?" She questioned while gesturing to the necklace in his hand, a little confused.

He smiled, the leather was a little crispy and had clearly been burnt but other than that, it was as good as always, "Trust me, I didn't want to." He shook his head, sliding the leather string over his head, hiding the green crystal beneath his armor, "But it was to honor you."

Y/n smiled at the brunette, "Come on, Chief. We have some work to do."

~No one's P.O.V~

Y/n giggled from Shadow's back at the sight of a Terrible Terror trying to lift a sheep in a dragon race, but failed at lifting it.

This... Is Berk. A bit trampled and busted in ice, but it's home.

Barf and Belch swooped in, snatching the sheep, they threw it up to the Twins, who didn't hesitate to start at tug-war.

Tuffnut let go of it, and Ruffnut accidentally threw the sheep towards Fishlegs, but Snotlout intercepted it and blew a kiss to Ruffnut, laughing in triumph before throwing it in the Twins' basket.

Y/n flew by Hiccup, who had owned up to his responsibilities as Chief, helping with the rebuilding of the houses. She patted Shadow's side, letting her know that they were turning back around to him.

Those who attacked us are relentless and crazy. But those who stopped them? Oh, even more so.

Y/n swooped right by Hiccup and Toothless, both her and Shadow laughing as they did. Hiccup smiled at the girls, deciding to join them as soon as they placed their logs down.

We may be small in numbers, but we stand for something bigger than anything the world can pit against us.

Y/n waved down to Valka, Stoick, and Gobber, who were removing the armor of Drago's former dragons. Gobber waved up to her before taking the helmet of one of the dragons out of Valka's arms.

We are the voice of peace. And bit by bit, we will change the world.

Gobber dropped the helmet, running to the sheep-canon, he shot the black sheep into the sky.

Hiccup grinned as he sped in front of Astrid to the sheep, Toothless ready to catch it. However, Shadow and Y/n blasted up from below them, Shadow snatched it, throwing it up to Y/n.

Hiccup shook his head at the girl, but smiled nonetheless.

You see, we have something they don't.

They dived down, circling around Berk to get baskets.

Oh sure, they have armies... And they have armadas...

Shadow flew under the baskets as Y/n jumped off, dropping the black sheep onto the black drawing of a Night Fury's basket instead of her and Shadow's purple one.

But we have...

The other riders landed on the baskets while Y/n and Shadow landed with Hiccup and Toothless on the Chief's viewing stand.

OUR DRAGONS!

Shadow and Toothless let out roars of victory.

___________________________________

Aaaaaaand that's a wrap! The second book is finished!