CONFUSED

Reece:
I wake up in the middle of the night hearing arguments. Shiit they at it again! Lately my parents have been fighting and arguing. Money is short and dad keeps wasting it on alcohol ever since he lost his job. Mom has to support the whole family on her own. My poor little sister comes running to my room crying "Reece! Mummy and dadda are fighting again" "oh come here my little angel. It will be over soon, don't cry" i plug my earphones in and play some music for us... but will it ever be over?
Ever since last week dad has been beating mom up. I don't know how to stop it. I feel so useless, so helpless,so broken. I tried to stop it but I only ended up with a blue eye and mum smacked me for the first time in years. I hate this! Why did dad have to loose his job?! Why did Josh have to leave? Why did Dad start drinking alcohol? Why why why? Always more questions than answers.
The noise dried out. I checked the time 1:03. Shoot who argues in the middle of the morning?

I wake up a bit later. I'm restless. I have to tell someone about what's going on but who? I wasn't much of a social person, I only had a boyfriend and a friend and at the moment he was in Canada...funny story how we met. His funny,cute and a real pain in the ass. Dora is sleeping on me. I carry her to her room and take a walk to the kitchen. There's blood everywhere and theres glass shards on the floor is mom still alive this time? Should I call the police? What if she's unconscious? Go check on her you idiot! I keep yelling to myself. I tip-top to their room. Dad is passed out drunk on the bed. But where is mom? My mind keeps asking. I step closer into the room with my heart beating faster and faster. Mom is in the bathroom.

"I thought I told you not to come to this bedroom"

"mom! He keeps hurting you and you let him. One day you going to end up on hospital. Whose going to take care of me and Dora then huh?"

"Shhh! You'll wake your father up! You can look after yourself and your sister...or I'll send Dora to your Aunt Tessie"

I really hated the way mum always passed on her responsibilities to me. I was nothing in her eyes. She used me when she wanted then afterwards acted like I was some dirt stuck under her shoes. It's always been like that...ever since I told them I was gay, which was a week before dad got fired. He blames me for him getting fired. Truth is he started getting a drinking habit a few months back, after Joshie died. He fell asleep at work and peed in his pants during a conference meeting with important business associates. I wish things could go back to how it was before I came out and told them I was gay. I left and cleaned up the living room. I hate the smell of blood, I almost passed out smelling it.
I checked the time 4:22 time to get started with the day. I took my phone and went out for a jog like usual. I came back and took a shower. I put on my dressing gown and went and cleaned the whole house again. I made breakfast. Everyone was starting to get up. I went into my room and dressed in my school outfit (it was always better to prepare it the day before 'coz whoo fashion competition is extreme at my school) I woke little Dora up and bathed her. We walked hand in hand to the table. I noticed she was loosing some of that inner happiness that she used to have I'm so taking her out for ice cream after school. Dad had a hang-over so he was still in bed. Mum ate quickly when she saw me and headed out. She worked two jobs. One during the day at a place called Monica's and one during the night which we knew nothing about.

School:

On my way to dropping Dora off at school I met Kirsten.

"Baby! How are you? You look worn out? How's things at home? Did you study for the test?" Shiit I completely forgot about it.

"I'm great hun, nothing to complain about. What test again?"

" Oh Gosh! You dead. Psychology... interaction" she got that right I'm doomed she walked and talked as I dropped Dora off
Someone taps me on the shoulder
"Hey, Uhm can I take you out for coffee...? Uhm I just want to talk to you...Uhm we still have time before school starts"

" Yea sure let's go...long as you paying boo!" I giggle. This is a great time to dodge Kirsten and her stupid conversations..I'm so taking this way out!