𝟏.𝟕

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

CEDRIC handed a bag of green, black, silver, gold, and red yarn to evelyn, making her smile.

"thank you so much!! I'm sorry I don't have much, but here's a bucket of mint cookies. I hope you don't mind", evelyn said, handing cedric a box of minty treats.

"oh you didn't have to. but thank you! let me know if you ever need any help with anything", cedric said as he walked away with the cookies.

"thank you!! bye cedric!!" evelyn enthusiastically waved as she headed to potions. she sat next to pansy as she took out her notebook and pens.

"surprised that cedric didn't reject you. honestly, I can't see what he sees in you", pansy sneered, making evelyn extremely confused.

hermione rolled her eyes, as she, harry, and ron walked by.

"shut up pansy! at least she doesn't have a pug-face", ron retorted, making evelyn look over towards the trio.

"exCUSE ME?!", pansy scoffed.

"yeah! and plus, evelyn is beautiful! she can be with whoever she wants as long as she's happy, right evelyn?", hermione said, standing up for the girl.

malfoy walked into the classroom, wondering what all the commotion was.

"guys...I-I'm not dating cedric", evelyn said, making the whole class gasp.

"pft. of course he wouldn't date you. have you seen yourself?", pansy teased.

malfoy just walked by, not even sparing the girl a glance. he sat at his desk, watching the drama unfold.

"you little—"

"granger, weasley, and potter, is there a reason you three aren't at your desks?", snape suddenly asked, making the slytherins grin.

"sorry professor", hermione muttered out as the three went to the back of the classroom.

snape was limping, which didn't go unnoticed by some of the students. evelyn spent the whole class thinking about it, wondering if she should ask snape about it.

so once class ended, evelyn walked up to snape, who was sitting and grading their last quiz.

"may I help you ms. gardener?", snape asked, not even bothering to look up.