𝟐.𝟖

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

AS if halloween, christmas, and easter wasn't enough, professor lockhart had suggested celebrating another muggle holiday.

the atmosphere was gloomy since people were being petrified here and there. and like hermione predicted, harry was the center of all rumors and suspicions.

gilderoy lockhart proposed an idea to bring everyone out of their dejection.

pink, red, and white ribbons were dangling from the door entrance and all throughout the walls of hogwarts.

strings of flowers of many shades of red were strung from column to column. the hired dwarves were dressed up as cupids, with golden wings and a real harp.

petals were sprinkled throughout the hallway floor, even the curtains changed from maroon to rosy red.

heart-shaped cutouts of all sizes were plastered onto the walls, forcing the room to look bright red and pink.

"welcome students!!", lockhart announced as he confidently walked back and forth in front of the rest of the professors.

everyone's eyes widened as they saw their defense against dark arts professor dressed in a peculiar outfit.

dressed in a bright pink suit, he wore a lighter pink coat over it, and dark pink—almost maroon—trousers. to pull his valentine outfit all together, his white cravat was slightly tucked into his pink vest.

"ah! the wonderful holiday of love!!", lockhart smiled, humming slightly. "your professors and I—well, mostly me—have decided that throughout the day today, our lovely cupids will be delivering your valentines!", lockhart explained.

snape was extremely out of context for this day. poor snape wore all black like usual and was made fun of by lockhart.

most students groaned at the over excessive decorations, especially when the dwarves came in to disrupt class.

during professor lockhart's class, ron rolled his eyes as he watched lockhart proudly present all the valentine cards that he had received.

"ugh. disgusting", ron scoffed.

"oh stop it ron! you're just jealous you didn't get as many....or any at all, for that matter", hermione smiled.