27

I sat with my legs on top of the table sipping on a glass of whiskey. The rest of the group was cleaning so Levi wouldn't kick their asses. Luckily if he ever tried to lay a hand on me I would kick his ass.

"I'll get Captain Levi to chop you up into nice bite-size pieces" I heard Jean say as he walked in.

"I won't. Probably..."

"Say what?"

"Hey! Did you guys wipe the dust and dirt off your shoes before you came in?"

"No, we didn't. Can't you see all the stuff we're carrying?"

"Do you seriously think that attitude will satisfy Captain Levi? If I hadn't personally given your sheets hospital corners this morning--"

"Quit nagging! Who are you, my mom?!"

"We're back," Mikasa said in her monotone voice

"Wait, were you just chopping firewood?"Armin asked

"Gotta stay in shape." She works too hard sometimes

"You got grabbed by a Titan! You should be in bed." Mikasa and I looked at each other. She hadn't told him how I healed her.

"I try to stop her, but she won't listen. I saw her doing sit-ups earlier!"

"How dare you peeping Tom!"

"Huh? How does that-" I decided to tune them out. I didn't really want to listen to them. Then I heard his name and decided to listen again.

"Why do you figure we were chosen for the new Levi Squad, though? Protecting Eren and Historia is such an important mission..."

"Because we're talented, I assume." Or maybe because you're willing to fight for Eren since he's your friend.

"Sasha... what did you just put in your bag?"

"Nothing bread-related." Then Jean and Eren interfered and I started to get annoyed.

"Can you guys shut up for a moment?" I butted in.

"What's this commotion about?" I leaned my head back to see Levi walk in. I smiled. Why do I smile whenever I think of him? He walked to the table and dragged his hand across the bottom. He looked at his hand which now was dusty. "I'm quite sure I gave you enough time." Everyone got scared. "Anyways...We'll discuss your lax cleaning job another time. Eren. Hange is itching to get the experiment started."

"R-Right."

I stood atop the cliff looking down at Eren's skeleton-like disaster of a Titan. Hange screams various insults.

"Hey, four-eyes. He's not quite the same this time. He's not even 10 meters, and some of his body doesn't have muscle. Plus Eren's ass is hanging out. " I chuckled.

"I can see that! Eren! Can you still move?! Give us a signal or something!" I looked down to see Mikasa running to Eren's rescue.

"Hey... That gloomy brat is acting on her own again. Time to think up a punishment?"

"No, there's no signal... We're done here!" She jumped down "Eren!"

"You know that gloomy brat has a name. Don't be giving out nicknames that are practically describing you. It's not a good look."

"She doesn't follow orders"

"You're right on that she doesn't. But she's also the most talented from her class from what I've seen. Punishment right now doesn't seem fit she's keeping Eren safe which is top priority right now." I  looked down to see Eren's face looked like that of a corpse