chapter twenty-one

Emily

Today was... eventful to say the least. Maura had come back over to the hospital, as well as Clarke. And as much as Clarke wanted to see his daughter, he knew what Molly needed was rest and he was willing to do whatever it took for that to happen. Even if it meant only getting to spend a mere ten minutes with her.

When I'd gone in to check on her, I noticed the smallest change in her mood only just lifting it slightly. She was still an absolute wreck and barely talked. She hadn't eaten anything until Rosaline had said it was necessary in order to have the energy to to pump breast milk for the baby.

I hadn't spent too long with Molly, understanding that she wasn't dying for visitors. Niall was the only one who she seemed ok to be with.

I could here muffled but stern talking from in the private room and I didn't even have to think twice about knowing it was Molly. 

Everyone else seemed to have caught on as well because Harry, Clarke, Maura and I all stood up, hesitantly making our way to the private room.

We all stopped at the door, none of us knowing whether we should head in or not. But after hearing more of Molly's frustrated tone, I cautiously knocked on the door, heading inside after getting no reply and instead still hearing Molly continue on.

"-do nothing but hope that our baby is doing ok. No. I'm going to go and see her and I'm not taking no for an answer" Molly's voice was harsh and stern, making sure that everyone knew no one would stop her from seeing her baby.

Molly flung the bed covers over her legs, wincing slightly at the pain caused when she sat up. Both Rosaline and Niall seemed very concerned about the movement.

"Molly" I said gently, stepping forward. "I really don't think getting up-" I instantly stopped talking as Molly snapped her head up to me. 

"I don't care if it hurts to get up" Molly argued before shooting her head in the direction of Niall. "You promised to be there for me, so help me out of this goddamn bed before I fucking lose my mind" Nobody in the room pressed the conversation furthur, all of us knowing that right now it was definitely Molly's way or the highway.

Niall quickly reached down to help Molly out of the bed, also noticing how if he didn't he would most likely get kicked out of the room.

"Can we at least get a wheelchair?" Niall asked her. Molly paused, looking up to Niall and eyeing him. She let out a small huff but agreed anyway.

"Fine, but I swear to fucking god if I don't see my daughter in five minutes, I will lose my shit" She warned. My eyes widened from never having seeing Molly this threatening before. But I guess if it came to her daughter, she'd do anything for her, even if it meant taking a full 180 in this abnormal demeanor.

Rosaline quickly rushed off to get a wheelchair and Molly turned to all of us.

"Maura, I apologize for my language" She said, earning a small chuckle from her in response.

"Oh please, don't be sorry. I'd be just as worked up if it came to one of my baby's" Maura replied, looking over to Niall like the proud mother she was.

I jumped slightly when I felt something prickle my ear. I didn't even get a chance to turn around when the familiar warm hand was placed on the small of my back, followed by Harry's whisper by my ear.

"You should ask her if she wants socks, her feet might get cold" His voice was different to usual and I wasn't able to pick up on what caused the change.

"Why don't you ask?" I whispered back, Harry still able to hear me from his close proximity even though I kept my head facing forward.

"No way. She might... I don't know, yell at me or something" Harry said, his voice even quieter and making me spin to face him.