21

"Did you had fun today? "

Liam asks me as I start to see familiar places on the car's window entering our town, it's dark outside now and it should give me even the worst feeling than in the morning, but it doesn't. I can't say I feel good, or that I enjoy the ride, I don't think I will ever enjoy being in a car again, but it's not as bad as it was at first. 

I turn to look at him and even in the dark of his car I can still see his eyes glowing and the way his lips are pressed into one line like he is nervous about something. I don't know what could make him nervous, this day was literally perfect, we had so much fun and, God, we laughed so much. Liam made every single thing perfect about today, he helped me with my fear, he took me to a place I wanted to visit since forever, took me to the best coffee shop ever, lunch was perfect in one of the places featured in the show. Everything we visited was amazing, he even learned the history of the places and the scenes that were filmed there and took so many pictures that I don't know how his phone still has memory. 

"It was the best day of my life, superhero," I say and truly mean it. 

The smile that appears on Liam's face could make any girl fall for him and I am no exception.

We enter my driveway and I can see lights on the kitchen meaning at least someone is at home, which is good. I take Liam's hands into mine when he stops the car's engine, he looks at me with a sad smile I can't quite place. 

"Thank you, Liam! Seriously, you've been so kind to me all this time, I can't tell you how grateful I am to you. "

He tries to say something, but I put my fingers on his mouth because I want him to know what he has done for me. 

"Before I met you things were not good and, look at me, in just a few months I feel like a completely different person and everything is because of you. You took care of me, defended me when no one would, thought me how to be stronger, helped me make friends, gave me this amazing day... Honestly, Liam, I could never imagine someone like you would walk into my life, you really are my superhero, you know? You mean the world to me."

I don't know why but I feel my eyes watering seeing how his expression changes when I talk, how his eyes become brighter, his jaw more tensed as he tries to fight back the emotions I know he's feeling.

"Nataly, you mean the world to me too," he says with a husky voice. "Since the day I met you everything changed for me, I never imagine that someone could be like you, make me feel like you make me. You've become my first thought in the morning and my last every night, before doing anything I always stop to think what would you say about that, when you're not around I feel like a fucking lost puppy and when you are in a room I can't take my eyes or hands off you. I am at your will, cookie, and you don't even know it."

Liam might be strong enough to fight back emotions, but I am not, tears fall down my cheeks, my heart is melting away with every word he says. He does all the right things, he says all the right things and the way he acts around me is perfect. But how could Liam be this amazing guy, this guy that I feel deep down in my heart that he could be the one for me, be the one that could never give me what I need? 

Kissing him right now would make me the happiest person alive, but I already know that we can't cross that line. As much as I would like to, we can't, we both know damn well we're just friends, because nothing else is possible for us, not if we want to keep seeing each other, not if I want to keep my heart in one piece. 

"Good night, Liam!"

I say opening the door, making him close his eyes in frustration, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.