23

"Good morning, cookie! " Liam says when I get into his car giving me a cup of coffee and two chocolate donuts smiling, I try to smile back at him the way I used to.

"Morning, Liam! Thanks."

It's a 5-minute drive from my place to college for which I am thankful right now because I don't want to be alone with him for too long and because we didn't actually talk after yesterday's incident. He didn't come to the cafeteria for lunch break being too busy having sex with the blonde girl and when we saw each other in classes I tried my best to look busy or interested in talking with our friends.

"Nataly, I want to talk to you about what you saw yesterday in the girls' bathroom. Noth..."

I shake my head without looking at him because the last thing I want it's to talk about what he and his girls do. I have no right to be upset with him, that I know, but I can't stop myself from feeling hurt. 

"You don't have to talk with me about anything, Liam. I don't want to know what I saw, I am big enough to put two and two together so, please, don't give me more details about that than I already have."

He sighs putting his hand on my knee like he always does, but today I move his hand from my leg to his own which makes him frown. I promised myself I will put some distance between us, I don't want to lose his friendship, but touching each other all the time is not a friend's thing so it has to stop because it only confuses me even more.

"Cookie, I swear to you, nothing happened between me and her, I was using the girl's bathroom because it's closer and I had to wash off the cream fast because my brother's gives me allergy."

I cover my ears with my hands because I really don't want to hear his words, it will make no difference if he had sex with that girl or other. Seeing him with her was the slap that I needed to realize it's never going to happen between us, that I was the only one who was going to get hurt in the end, because he doesn't care about physical contact as I do. Our touches for him mean nothing at all, because he touched girls more intimately, so the only one who is confused by them it's me.

"Nataly, please, believe me. "

He stops the car in the parking lot of our school and I jump off the car as fast as I can, but he catches me before I could reach Mary and Logan who are waiting for us.

Liam grabs my head between his hands forcing me to look into his eyes as he speaks.

"I haven't been with any girls in the last couple of months, cookie! I will never hurt you like I did that night..."

The night when I saw him kissing that girl after we almost kiss, but that was more than 3 months ago. He must be lying, but, God, he looks so sincere about it. Would it really make a difference if he was not with any girl, but he still doesn't want me the way I want him?

"Ready for our date tonight, twinkle? "

I hear Mary's voice as she and Logan walk towards us, Liam looks at me confused because he doesn't know what plan we have for tonight as he is not part of it.

"Nat, those jeans make your ass look bomb, Tyler is going to lose it."

The jeans I am wearing are the jeans I always wear, there's nothing special about them or my outfit, but she knows that, she's only trying to let Liam know I am going on a date with another guy.

Liam's hand let go of my face and he takes one step back with a hurt expression that makes my heart shatter. He looks at me frowning, confused like he didn't hear right, but he then looks back at his brother who nods letting him know it's true.

"You're not going anywhere with that idiot!" Liam says demanding, grabbing my hand pulling me into his arms. "I will not let you go on a date with him!"