Chapter 6

Inside the Owl House, Eda is showing Y/n and Luz one of the most trickiest games in all of the Boiling Isles. Since Y/n and Luz don't know how to play the game, Eda is going up against Owlbert.

Eda: "Now Watch closely, you two. Hexes Hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play."

Y/n: "Huh it would seem that the Boiling Isles finally have something normal here for once."

Luz: "Yep and it's a card game that old people think are fun!"

Eda then places down one more card then all of them start to be covered in static. Owlbert flies off the table and Y/n watch as the card's grow legs and mouths!

Y/n: "Nope not even a card game is normal here."

The card starts to fight and Owlbert has the look on his face saying 'This is my win' while watching this Eda simply smiles and looks over to Luz and Y/n.

Eda: " Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break out the wildcard!"

Eda then pulls out a card with a red background and a grey tower on it, then a green aura appears around the card. And out of nowhere, Owlbert's cards burst into flames then those very same flames spell out 'Winner Eda'.

Y/n: "Okay got to admit that looks cool."

Eda: "Woo, I win! In your adorable owl face. Ah, I love the feeling of victory; it feels...fluffy?"

Y/n and Luz look at Eda a little cautious since Eda is starting to grow feathers, and one means one thing.

Luz: "Eda it's happening again."

Y/n: "Did you drink your elixir today?!"

Eda looks at them confused until she finally notices the gray feathers on her arms.

Eda: "Huh!"

Everyone followed Eda as she opens a box that holds her elixir's only for the box to have four empty bottles.

Eda: "Oh boy. This is terrible; I'm out of elixir."

Y/n: "How are you out of bottles?!"

Eda: "If you have a life like mine you start to forget things."

Luz: "Uh, last time this happened, you turned into this thing."

Luz shows Eda a picture of herself in her cursed form, Eda simply looks at then smiles a little.

Eda: " I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce."

Luz: "Eda!"

Y/n simply facepalms, then Eda thinks for a second ti decided it's time to go to the market. But before they leave she asked if anyone wanted to play another game of Hexes Hold'em, she reached for her cards only to not find them. Luz was standing near the exit with Eda's cards behind her back.

Luz: "Take these and fly ahead. She'll have to follow us."

Owlbert takes the cards and Eda starts to run after him with Luz, Y/n, and King following after her. Now Eda is standing in front of a stand with a metal gate, banging on it with her fist.

Eda: "Hey, open up, Morton!"

Morton: "Uh, ju...just a minute!"

Morton calls out from the inside of his stand, Y/n was sitting by Luz watching people's daily life in the demon realm.