Chapter 27 Clubs

(Y/n) POV

(A/N: Sorry for taking so long- I've been lazy and unmotivated- but have no fear you RATS- I'm here! Today's meal- you get rotten squishy meatloaf with some random blue sauce I found on the side of the road- be grateful.)
———

Alright, today's the day.

After all of the crying, I was still sort of skeptical on telling them about the investigation, but decided that it would be best for them not to know. I just feel like.. they'll try and stop me- or get way too overprotective. I need to be focused.

I'm currently packing up all my books and getting ready to leave.

I've already told Mrs. Kyohaku about today and she quickly agreed.

"Alright, so first is the baseball club, then the basketball club, and finally the female judo club."

In this school male and female judo are split so that they can have even chances.

I quickly make my way to the nurse's office and wait outside for Kirikaku. Luckily, I didn't need to wait to long since she came out in under 5 minutes.

"Ready to go?" She raises a brow. I nod and we start to walk to the baseball club.

Instead of softball, the girls have baseball. They pulled a few strings since they wanted the girls to be treated the same as the boys- that's why the female judo club even exists.

"Is there any other sports that we need to check that isn't any of those three?" I nod, "Yeah. Archery and volleyball. But those can wait till tomorrow." She nods.

"Are we just going to act like we want to join?" I nod at her question, "Yeah, overall."

"Seems simple enough."

"Agreed."

We continue to make small talk as we walk outside and to the field.

In our school we have 2 fields. One for track and gym, and the other for baseball. The boys and girls alternate dates for the field so that they can each get practice in. It can be messy and complicated at times- but they make it work.

We can clearly see a group of girls playing on the field. One is getting ready to hit the ball while the others are in the outfield—yes I know baseball terms... ish..—and ready to catch the ball.

"Should we sit at the benches for now?" Kirikaku suggests. I nod, "Yeah- and if they ask then we can just tell them that we're looking to maybe join." She nods.

We walk down the steep hill and to the benches—quickly taking a seat.

I notice a few people look at us but their attention is drawn back to the ball that's now currently in the air.

"You played baseball a bit.." Kirikaku starts as we watch them play.

"Yeah... with..—" I bite my lip, "—one of my dads.." She nods and rubs my back for comfort.

"Don't forget that we're here to look for a possible murrrr—uhm.. you know what I mean."

She nods and goes back to focusing on the field.

I don't see anyone in particular acting strange so that's good. They all seem to be focusing on the game and not us- though a few have glanced at us.

I sigh, "I don't think they're here."

She nods, "Probably not.."

I stand up and start to walk back up, waiting for Kirikaku to catch up.