Chapter 1-Edited

Hi Everyone, I hope you enjoy the first chapter!

Lucy's POV

Mum is so annoying! She only told us this morning that we're moving, and even better, next Monday, only 6 days away!! 

I don't really have a reason to not want to move towns, it's not like I have any friends, but all the memories I have made here will all be lost. 

My three younger brothers, Max, Jasper and Julian don't like the idea of moving either. When we asked mum why we had to move, she said it's because we 'need a fresh start.'

I guess that kind of makes sense. With all the things that happened with da- nope, not thinking about that!

Jasper and Julian came tearing in.. They're identical twins, the youngest out of us four. They take their younger sibling job very serious and love to cause as much chaos as they can, for example, yesterday they decided to play this fatuous prank on me. 

FLASH BACK TO YESTERDAY 

The twins pushed me onto a wooden chair (if you don't listen to them, they start to scream their heads off like deranged maniacs, which isn't surprising), with the palm of my hands facing down onto the table. 

They both walked over to the sink and filled two glasses to the brim and walked back over.

 I closed my eyes, expecting them to ask me something and then pour the water into my mouth, or something stupid like that.

 They start to giggle. Yep, they're definitely going to do it, I thought to myself. But I was completely wrong.

I felt the cool, smooth bottom of the glass touch the back of my hands. My eyes flew open and before I could stop them, the two, breakable, glasses, full of water, were now balancing on my hands!

The little devils ran off, giggling evilly.

"GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" I yelled angrily after them. Mum was out shopping. 

 "I MEAN IT!" They ignored me.

The only person that could save me now was Max.

"MAX!" I yelled, trying to get his attention away from whatever he was doing. He was probably either choosing to ignore me or couldn't hear me.

One of the glasses started wobbling.

After 5 and a half minutes of sitting there, praying the mum would get home soon, the glass started to wobble even more violently.

Then

              it

                     fell.

I reached out with my hand to try and grab it, forgetting about the other glass. I heard a loud CRASH as the glasses met the floor.  

The garage door started opening.

Oh no, I thought to myself, I am in so much trouble. I frantically tried to scrape all the broken glass into a pile under the table, out of sight.

I had no such luck.

"What on Earth are you doing Lucy?!" Mum asked when she walked in a few moments later, shocked.

"The twins-," I started to defend myself.

"Why were you playing with the glasses?! I expected better from you Lucy!" 

 She lectured me about it and how, as the eldest, I should be more responsible and set a better example.

END OF YESTERDAY FLASHBACK 

Then I have my brother Max, my favourite out of them. He's the second oldest and loves technology and science. He stays in his room all the time doing who know what. As long as he isn't annoying me, I don't care what it is. 

A few of the times I managed to get a glimpse at his laptop, it looked like he was designing a game, which would be so cool if he was.                  ________________________________________________________________________________

I was going to tell my toxic friend Amy, that I was leaving. She tried to hide her excitement, but I saw through her terrible acting skills like glass, knowing she would be happy. 

"REALLY!" She exclaimed. "I mean... uh... that's sucks." 

Amy always wanted to become a popular when all the 'cute guys' started exclusively dating the populars. 

Sure, she easily could, she has the looks, but since she is 'friends' with me, she isn't allowed. Their number one rule is no nerds, and they classify me as a nerd cause I get an A on almost every exam. 

It's not my fault that all their layers of makeup affected their brain capacity and ability to know anything higher then 2 + 2.

Sorry everyone for another short chapter, I'm trying to work on it(the chapters will get longer). Hope you liked it!

735 Words- Last edited on 24/03/2024