Ayat's POV

I sighed as I sat on the couch in the living room, my whole body hurting in exhaustion. I closed my eyes as my body started to relax.

It had been a week since the party and a week since I saw my best friends brother. Well, more like ex best friend.

However, his dark eyes were impossible to get out my mind.

Thankfully though, he didn't talk to me and didn't come anywhere near. I had feigned sickness to Omar and requested him to take me home early. Although he didn't believe emu sickness part, he still drive us home earlier then intended.

The whole ride home, I thought about the strong gaze of his. During numerous times at the party Zaryab had been staring at me. I, however, didn't dare to look at him.

Back to the present, I had been more mentally and physically exhausted these past few days. Yesterday, when I made dinner, I accidentally added a bit too much salt in the korma. To make it worse, one of Omar's colleagues was over for dinner. He had been mad. Really, really mad.

Instead of beating me up, he made me clean up all the salt he had thrown everywhere around the house. I didn't know what was worse, a beating or cleaning that salt up from every corner of the house.

The other day he had thrown a stapler at me which led to a huge bruise on my leg. It had pained me a lot to walk and do my everyday activities. I think that's why he had chosen this punishment. He wanted me to slow down and he thought that I wouldn't be able to finish cleaning before he came home. He told me that I had to finish cleaning up before he came home or else something very bad would happen to me.

But I wouldn't let that happen. It was now 5 pm and I had just finished making dinner. I still had to clean up the dining room and the living room.

After 2 minutes of resting, I got up once again and started cleaning both rooms.

After an hour or so, I had finally finished cleaning up all the rooms and hallways that I had started cleaning at 7 in the morning. I then decided to take a shower since I smelt really bad.

I took out a baby blue colored kurti with cream colored pants and a matching dupatta, before hurriedly heading into the bathroom to shower.

After showering, I blow dried my hair before heading down the stairs.

I let out a sigh of relief as I didn't see Omar's car in the driveway nor in the garage.

If he had found out I had taken shower while he was home, he would be furious. Asking questions like, "why would you shower now?!" or "did you not get time before?"

Sighing once again, I headed to the kitchen to make salad with the keema pasta with red sauce I had made. I also decided to warm up the the breadsticks that were previously in the freezer.

After 30 minutes, Omar came home. He had a frown on his face and I immediately knew he was not in a good mood and I didn't want to test his patience.

After muttering a Salam, I grabbed his lunch bag and took it to the kitchen while he went to change upstairs.

(Greeting)

Taking out the tiffin, I placed it on the counter and placed the bag in the cabinet. I decided to wash the tiffin later and serve dinner now.

Everything was already in the serving bowls so I just placed all the dishes in the table, and sat in the seat, waiting for Omar.

Looking at the clock, I realized he hadn't came down in 15 minutes which was odd. I decided to go and check on him.