chappie four: in the clear

Turns out, spending the day with Teruhashi wasn't so bad. She asked questions and listened attentively. Sure it was probably because she wanted to get some information out of you, which you kept cautious of. But it was her turn now to receive the questions.

A shiver ran down the spine of Kokomi. She turned her head to meet with (color) eyes. The girl squeaked, jumping back as she was spooked by your stoic expression. Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

"Oh wow, she's so pretty!" You heard.

"So is that other girl, not as beautiful, but still cute." Another guy said.

Kokomi's eyes trailed to your expression and felt a bead of sweat drop on her temple, your back was hunched and your hands cradled the sleeves of your sweatshirt uniform. She glanced back at the boys and offered them a smile to turn their attention back on her. In return, they did and she instantly felt triumphant.

It seems like I'm trying to steal back their attention because I don't want them looking at Lin-san, which is true, but not because I'm jealous or threatened. It's obvious this is bothering her and this attention on her will only increase her gloomy mood so by putting the attention back on me, I can have her focus as well. It's easier for her to feel comfortable about sharing her troubles.

"Men, huh." She heard you sigh. "I don't blame them though, you are dangerously pretty."

"Dangerously?" Kokomi questioned.

"Yeah, you're both beautiful, but innocent and cute. You could easily dominate this world." She saw your eyes stare into her soul with a smirk forming on your usually lazy features. "Using people without worrying about hurting them because they fill too honored to serve you."

"I don't know about that?" She waved her hands. This girl is hardcore.

"Hm." You glanced at the flustered girl and couldn't help but stare. She noticed this and looked back at you.

She is pretty, but there's more to her than that. Unlike Toritsuka with his ghosts to help him, I can't figure out her true intentions...but that doesn't mean I can't learn more. She's always shown to be nice and sweet..yet it's all so perfect. Too perfect.

Kokomi's cheeks heat up more as you stare intently. It was until you directed your gaze forward and relaxed your mind.

"Do you like anyone?" Your blunt question caused a gasp to release from the girl's lips.

"Of course, I like and appreciate all of my classmates." Teruhashi gave a closed eye smile despite the pink hue on her cheeks.

She's blushing, but I did ask this question out of nowhere. You narrowed your eyes and tried again.

"I meant in a romantic way, like do you want to date anyone? If so, don't." You state sharply. "All those guys at school only admire you because of your looks."

You wait for a reaction.

Kokomi blinked at your words. Her heart fluttered at the thought of the pink haired boy. Him finally acknowledging her beauty was the goal, but if that was plan, then why was she finding herself thinking about him constantly and wanting to do more than making him notice her looks.

Gotcha. Your smirk widened at her expression until it faltered when she giggled.

"There could be someone. He's quite interesting and I do agree that he's probably not wanting a girlfriend. That's understandable considering he rarely talks to anyone besides his two friends." Kokomi smiled at you, "I don't really like anyone at the moment since school has us busy and all."