EIGHT

Ayaan and Amal were continuously gazing at the door waiting for her. And she did come after a few minutes dressed up in simple kurti and leggings.

The duo smiled at her which startled her.

"Sorry, I got late."

"No problem. You don't have to apologise." He smiled at her and she didn't return it being timid.

"Back to square one." Ayaan mumbled to himself when someone knocked on the door making him frown and Roshini smiled.

The couple walked down with Amal constantly staring at her. Ayaan observed this and internally frowned.

"I see you feel like you know her and it's true as well. But don't stare at her like that." He whispered into the little one's ear and he giggled at his father.

Mathew was already involved in a banter with Dhanya which the family ignored royally.

"So Mr Good for nothing Mathew, enlighten us with your sudden visit to India." Ayaan spoke with displeasure and Mathew laughed.

"Definitely I'm not here to meet you. I came for my sister." He said looking at Roshini who in return smiled at him.

Ayaan did feel jealous when she felt timid in front of him but smiled at Mathew. He stomped his foot on Mathew's who grunted in pain.

"Ah, the food is hot." Mathew covered the noise he created and Ayaan smiled with a grimace.

The family was eating breakfast with laughs and smiles. Ayaan was feeding Amal and the little one was still staring at Roshini.

Gayatri did observe the change in her grandson in a night and decided to ask him after breakfast.
Vasudev was thinking about the evening which would lead to anything but a dinner.

But they didn't know that was no need to wait till evening for the storm to create a havoc. The doorbell rang disturbing the new found peace.

The housekeeper opened the door and the visitor barged into the living room. Kaushalya came to greet the unexpected guest but was amazed to see Divya and a man with her.

"Aunty, where is Roshini Akka?" Divya asked with concern leaving no room for pleasantries. Kaushalya signed towards the dining way and the former sprinted like bolt.

"Akka," Divya happily screamed finding her sister smiling with the family she belonged to.

"Divi!" Roshini, though surprised to see her sister, hugged her. Both were lost in each other to notice the clearly shocked family.

"Roshini," Ayaan yelled to break the bubble of the sisters. Breaking the Divya looked at him who was looking at his wife.

"I need to talk to you." Divya stated looking at Ayaan and Aaryan chose to be spectator.

"Pinni, take Amal for some time." Ayaan passed him to Thara and the brat was already clinging to her lured by the sweets.

Ayaan looked at the duo with a 'follow me' look and Divya and Aaryan followed him. Mathew followed them to know the truth.

The intimidating gaze of Ayaan made Aaryan wonder how Roshini loved this man. Mathew was looking at the duo who came to talk but chose to stare for the time being.

"I suppose you are here to talk." Ayaan told to none in particular.

"I know, it's just I don't from where to begin." Divya felt loss of words to initiate the conversation. Ayaan didn't like to waste his time anymore.

"Start from wherever you want."

"She doesn't remember you." Divya said and Ayaan knew who was that she.