chapter 21 part 2 - life or death

Eoins prov

Not sure what is actially happening now. Leah shouts fuck alot, Im pushed out of the way of the car and suddenly Saoirse is on a bed been rushed into an emergancy room with Leah shouting orders for machines drips I dont know what else she said. All I got was in full labour with twins 32 weeks but very possible placental abruption. What the hell is that. Im pacing the floors when my grandparents and Saoirses parents arrive. Leah comes out after what feels like hours to tell me that Saoirse needs surgery fast or I could lose them all. WHAT WHAT WHAT. I get to give her a kiss and tell her I love her and out kids and that il be waiting right here for her. She is wheeled out still unconscious. I CANT LOSE HER. I CANT LOSE THEM.

"Placental abruption occurs when the placenta separates from the inner wall of the uterus before birth. Placental abruption can deprive the baby of oxygen and nutrients and cause heavy bleeding in the mothers. Not all bleeds are seen. 15% of babies dont surive birth and some are left brain damaged if not got to quickly". This is whats been said by another doctor to us all but I'm focusing on the fact that we were fine 3 hours ago having breakfast. Now Im gona lose my babies and the love of my life I slid to the floor. I don't realise I'm shaking. I feel an arm pull me in. I know straight away it my grandpa. I fall to pieces. I dont care who see me. I cry like a baby.

Grandads Prov

The doctor has just finished talking. This happens alot more than we realise but it is a matter of life and death. Saoirse is such a good girl. We have always been very fond of her and the kids. She always made us feel welcome and always involved us in family events as she saw us as her grandparents. We loved it. I was shocked and delighted to realise her children where actually my great grandchildren. We havent missed 1 moment of their lives since they were born. Right now my hearts aching we cant lose Saoirse or her babies. Her kids need her. We all need her sunshine.

I look over to see Eoin about to fall to pieces. The colour has left his face and he is shaking. I can see the realisation hitting him that he could lose her for good this time. My poor boy has never been like this over a woman. I remember him telling me about this girl he met in Ireland but never her name. Maybe if he had they would have had more time together. I grab him and hold him to my chest as I did all those years ago when his parents and sister passed. He cries so damn hard it breaks the whole room. He just repeats over and over how he just got her back after years of searching he cant lose her again. I just rock him like you would a baby.

I hear Layla on the phone to Keith and Abbey. They are already at the airport trying to get a flight out fast. Layla is normal a strong willed emotion void person but right now shes like a lost soul. I dont think shes fully listening to that call more like she is just saying words. Saoirses mother is crying in the corner as her husband arms her brother who just arrived what has happened. He walks to Eoin and pulls him into a hug telling him she will be ok but he is not allowed to get her pregnant again. No one reasures him of the babies as we all no this cant be done. All we can do is pray that they all survive.

Laylas prov

I watch them all hugging and crying with each other while I sit here trying to make sense of what just happened. She was fine when I spoke to her before they left the office for their app. How did this happen? Why did it happen to her, My best friend my soul sister. I look over and see Eoins has collapsed in floods of tears in his grandads arms. He finally got her back. They are beyond perfect together. He adores her. Saoirse was so stubborn and 90% wrong at times in her choices but she knew deep down that he stole her heart that same night in Ireland. Their love is a joy to watch.

My chest is tightening. I cant breathe. WTF is this. Keith and Abbey are still on the phone but I hand it over to Karl before I try to stand up. Karl grabs me and hugs me tightly and for the first time since childhood I cry like a newborn baby. I can feel eyes on me they are probably shocked at this as Layla does not cry. Layla is the strong one. Yep but layla could be losing her sister and babies.

"Karl please please tell me they are all going to be ok. Please I cant lose Saoirse. She's all I have left of my family here. She's my soul twin. Karl please you know we can't survive without each other. Tell me Karl please tell me we are not losing her" I scream now but He just rocks me like he did all those years ago when my heart got broke by a jock in school.

Saoirse has been down for over 2 hours now. Eoin is pacing outside the theatre doors. This man is on the verge of a heart attack. My own heart is still hammering in my chest. I feel lost. Like Im missing a bit of me. Suddenly the doors open and out walks Leah and other doctors.
Omg Leah's face. She's crying.

"God no no no no no please god above no Leah, please Leah she ok isnt she. You saved her didnt you Leah. Please Leah Please" shouts Eoin as he falls to the floor.