Chapter 7 - Surprise part 2

Fast forward 4 years and here I am, currently with my grandparents having lunch as my grandfather is retiring. Im taking over my grandads company this week. Well I will be morphing it into my main company to make things easier and thank god both companies are based in New York.

His staff are throwing him a surprise office party today as he doesnt like a fuss to be made about him ever. He has always been a gentle good hearted man and is well loved in his company. I hope I make him prouder once I take over his baby. As we pulled up at the company I noticed nan typing away on her phone like mad. Her phone still has buttons she refuses to use a touch screen. She must be informing the staff we are on our way to the top floor. As we wait for the lift to arrive for us grandad tells me all about his wonderful PA/Secertary and how shes been like a granddaughter to him over the years nan is nodding awhile smiling proudly too. I know its been hard on them both after they lost my mam and my sister 10 years ago in a car crash but they put on their brave face everyday especially around me. I see through it but I would never say it to them. Lately though they have been more than happy than normal and socializing with friends and going to parties.

I seemed to have zoomed out while he was talking to me about this girl as we are now in the elevator. I just got her auburn hair part and she 27. I missed her name but who cares I probably wont be in this office much. He already made me promise not to fire her as shes a hard worker. While I'm hope she does her job and not come on to me I dont do office romance.

The elevator pings open and as grandad steps out the whole floor cheers and shouts. My poor grandad looks like he is going to pass out. As I go to reach for him those green eyes step forward.

Omg its Saoirse. Its her. What is she doing here. How long has she been here. In a split second I see her face go from joy to shock to fear. Yes fear like what the hell. So me been the cocky fucker I know I can be I smile at her. I can see this has confused her. She starts to look around for someone as I try to make my way over to her only to see her walk up to a man and start talking. I might have thought this was the boyfriend if she hadnt have yawned while he spoke and she keeps playing with her phone. I had to hid my smirk from the people I was been introduced too.

Sudden my granddad john calls out to saoirse to join him. I'm across the room and notice him motion her over. I think she tells him she will join him soon. Whats this about.

On my way back to my grandparents I see saoirse hugging them both and rushing to the elevator she is upset theres no denying that fact but why. The doors close before I can get to her. Just as I'm about to ask my grandad how he knows Saoirse when a lady standing beside me informs me that saoirse has been very upset over john leaving they were very close. I look at her funny and raise a brow. She realises she didnt explain it right and informs me that saoirse is johns PA.

YES you heard me right shes the PA. This is going to be fun. I hope.

Third party Pov

Eoin is standing there with a big smile on his face when his grandmother approaches him. Shes intrigued by his facial expressions. "Is there something the matter Eoin" she asks him. He just shakes his head no but grandma knows better. She asked Eoin had he met Saoirse before she had to leave because of a family emergancy. Eoin shook his head again but seemed to be lost in thought. This puzzels grandma who keeps talking hoping he lets something slip. Eoin snaps out of it at the end when he heard her say kids. Whos kids is she talking about now. He is guessing its one of the woman now standing with us but he cant be rude and ask her to repeat herself so he nods and agrees. Eoin excuses himself to text keith.

Eoins pov

Eoin: You will never believe who I just met after all these years.

Keith: Hey bro, Im doing great thanks for asking 😭 who did you met. Is it one of ur many conquests from college 😁

Eoin: very funny. No I met SAOIRSE. You remember your old friend.

Keith: fuck

Eoin: what do you mean FUCK Keith. How long did u know she was in new york. Did u know she worked for my grandfather for the last 4 years. Jesus I didnt even know

Keith: Look dude it was for the best. I gotta go plane to catch Il text u l8r

Eoin: Wtf man. You knew all this time. Why didnt you tell me? What are u hiding? We are meant to be brothers for fuck sake. I thought ud have my back at least. How wrong was I.

Keith : Look man Im not getting caught in the middle of this. Enoughs enough. U need go talk to her and fast before she runs.

Eoin: Runs. What do you mean run. Why would she? Whats going on keith? Ok look il see her tomor in the office. Safe flight.

What the hell is he talking about what is he or them hiding from me. I head to the office and check her details for her address. I know this is wrong but something is not right. As I leave I see a big picture of my grandparents and 3 kids. Oh these most be the kids my nana was talking about earlier but who owns them. I excuse myself from the party with the excuse of a conference call and head to the address in my hand. I need to know whats going on here. Why are my friends lying so me.