Chapter 32

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

Their lips continue to slowly move in sync, Addison savouring the taste of Octavia's soft lips. The hem of her tank-top that once danced in Addison's fingers is now tightly locked in her grasp, Octavia's left hand that rested on the ground now cupping the girl's face.

She brings Addison closer, the brunette desperately complying to Octavia's gesture. Her smaller frame is moved up, now in Octavia's lap, knees digging into the dirt on either side of the older girl's legs. Addison's arms snake themselves around the girl's neck, fingers tangling in her dark knotted hair while Octavia's arms go around Addison's waist, hands creeping up her back and each girl pulling the other closer.

Air finally became a problem, the two girls slowly pulling away from their heated moment. Their forehead's rest together, a breathy giddy and childish giggle escaping Addison's lips. Her giggles become louder and less airy when Octavia's quiet and nervous chuckle collaborate with her own. Their eyes lock with one another's again, expressions turning more serious, and their lips meet again. Addison feels Octavia's lips curl into a smile against her lips, a smile of her own forming into the new kiss they share.

Their lips are suddenly retracting, Addison's brows knitting. "I'm sorry," Octavia apologizes shyly, looking down while shaking her head.

Addison's lips stay in their smile, fingers gripping the raven-haired girl's hair slightly, "Tave, it's okay. I promise," she laughs out.

Octavia's smile still plays on her lips, but Addison can see what lies underneath it and her facial expression. Confusion, but not regret—to which she was overjoyed— and something else Addison can't decipher. "I shouldn't have done that...oh, god..." she scolds herself, hands slowly running down Addison's back.

"Octavia, what are you—"

"I just complicated things," the raven-haired girl cuts the brunette off with a small sigh, her thumbs rubbing circles through Addison's jacket on her waistline.

"Complicated?" Addison asks with a raised brow and plays with the baby hairs that rest on Octavia's neck, taking the weight off her knees and sits almost fully in the girl's lap.

Silence. Addison frowns, her hands moving to lay just under Octavia's jawline, delicate thumbs running down her cheeks. "I'm pretty I just got together with someone this morning and I completely cheated by kissing you." At Octavia's words, Addison stops her actions, taken back.

Her expression changes from a frown into a funny look of confusion. "Relationship? This morning?"

Octavia slowly nods, "Yeah, this morning, and now I've broke my promise to you that I made only last night and—"

"Octavia," Addison calls in a whisper, interrupting her babbling. She slowly snaps her piercing green eyes to Addison's earthy brown ones. "Slow down and start from the beginning, okay?" Octavia sighs, Addison taking note of the conflict-ion that flashes in those eyes she gets so easily lost in. "Just tell me, Tavia...it's alright," she says softly, voice barely above a whisper.

"I'm afraid to tell you, because I know I've broken my promise, and I never wanted to break it..." If Addison wasn't so close to Octavia, she never would've been able hear what she said from how quiet her voice was.

"I had you promise me not to put me through what you did last week, and you—"

"I also promised I would never hurt you." Octavia states matter-of-factly, eyes closing and head bowing down with a deep sigh.