forty two

TW- mentions vomiting

I entered headquarters, pushing the large glass doors open. My lips were pressed in a fine line with my eyes sending daggers straight ahead. I pushed past all the agents who sent me confused glances. Some even looked intimidated, which was a look I was not used to receiving. I turned the corner and went straight to the conference room where the whole team was waiting for me.

"What the hell is happening?" I immediately asked. They looked around at one another, not sure who was going to explain the situation to me.

Aaron began to walk closer to me, but I stepped to the side in the opposite direction to the table. He sent a frown my way, but I ignored it.

Morgan cleared his throat, "It's Adam, he's willing to talk, but only to you."

I nodded, "I know, but what is there to possibly talk about?"

Emily shrugged, "Hopefully we'll figure that out soon."

"Well then, what the hell are we waiting for?" I asked as I made my way out of the room. No one followed me at first, until I turned back and stared them each down. I'd never acted like this before, and they were caught extremely off guard. They expected me to be scared, not ready to beat him up.

The whole team just thought my change in attitude was because of Adam, but little did they know.

As we all journeyed to the prison Adam was being held at, every once in a while my mind would run back to the thought that I could be pregnant. I immediately pushed it away every time, I couldn't think of that right now.

Hotch drove one of the SUVs with me in the front and Emily in the back. We sat in silence as I picked at my finger nails.

He grabbed my hand, pulling it away from the others. I sighed, and looked up to him, he was also looking at me.

"What's running through your head?" He asked.

"This whole situation, what does he want from me?" I asked, finally letting my timidness show.

He brought our hands up to his lips and kissed them gently, "It's going to be okay, I promise."

I nodded, "I hope."

"Hey, what did the doctor say?" Emily chimed in from the back.

My whole body tensed up, and I ripped my hand away from Aaron's causing him to send me a confused glance. I ignored it, and turned to look out the window, "Uh, I don't know yet, got cut short. I'm- gonna have to go back." I gulped, not wanting to look at Aaron.

We pulled into the parking lot of the prison shortly after. The rest of the ride was filled with small talk between Hotch and Emily, but I blocked it all out. As soon as he parked the car, I jumped out and entered the building to see the rest of the team waiting in the lobby.

We went through the process of getting patted down and handing in our guns before we walked through the cells. Prisoners were screaming at us, shouting profanities and threats in every direction. My stomach began to feel queasy as my nerves settled in, but I tried to push the feeling away.

We entered a room at the end of the cell block and my stomach dropped. There sat Adam on the other side of the glass. He couldn't see us, but he was staring directly through the two-sided window, almost as if he knew we had arrived.

"Alright, Morgan and I will go in first, see if we can get anything out of him before we send Carter in," Hotch spoke, and everyone nodded- except me. My eyes never left Adam.

Hotch and Morgan entered the interrogation room, but Adam's stare stayed on the window.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay," JJ tried to reassure me. I finally turned my direction to her next to me and pursed my lips. I took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in my throat before we all watched the scene unfold in the other room.