fifteen

A/N: IM CRYING WHY DO HIS LIPS LOOK SO PINK KFBWJDJ HE WEARIN LIP STICK

I excitedly enter the elevator as he walks away back to Strauss's office.

As soon as the doors shut, I jump for joy. I was ecstatic.

Is this really happening?

The elevator took me down to the third floor where I stepped off to join Wilson at our desks.

"What was that about?" Hayden asked.

I didn't answer, I was still in shock.

"Hellooo?" He waved his hand in front of my face, laughing.

"I- I just got promoted." I said with a huge grin on my face.

"Oh my god! Devyn, congratulations! That's amazing!"

"Thank you, Hayden. I just can't believe this is really happening." I spoke.

His smile suddenly dropped,

"Wait! You can't leave me here alone." He started to trail off.

I did feel bad, as soon as we were starting to get close, I was leaving.

"Relax." I said as I put a hand on top of his. "You still talk to Spencer; I'll be doing the same thing as him. AND we'll still have our breakfast dates! All I'm doing is going up three floors, you could always come say hello. Besides, it's not even a hundred percent official yet." I reassured him.

He sighed, "You're right."

"Great! Now, where were we?" I said as I removed my hand from his and we went back to work.

--

About two hours had gone by since my meeting with Strauss. I tried to focus on my work, but my mind was spinning in many different directions.

I felt quite guilty, but I really did hope they couldn't contact Elle. It was a terrible thought, but I truly wanted this job.

I also couldn't stop thinking about my conversation with Agent Hotchner. He seemed nervous after the meeting, then excited when I told him I accepted Strauss's offer.

Was he afraid I would decline?

Was he thinking about me?

Why did he touch my hand, twice?

"Devyn?" Hayden snapped me out of my thoughts. I must have been staring.

"Your phones been buzzing like crazy."

"Oh, uh, sorry." I stuttered as I removed my phone from the desk drawer.

I had probably twenty five texts from a random group chat. I didn't have any of the numbers saved.

I tried to read through the messages, but I had no idea what they were talking about.

"She's not responding"

"someone call her"

"You're all lucky boss man doesn't check his texts at work. Now, would you please shut up."

"Oh come on, just do it already!!!"

"Fine."

I went to leave the group chat, thinking it was a mistake, but then my phone started ringing.

It was the same number as this morning, meaning it was Spencer.

"Hello?" I answered quickly.

"Hey, it's me again. Could you come up here for a sec?" Spencer asked.