Chapter 19

I woke up 3 days later to discover I had slept through my birthday. This was getting old. I had Mom and Alpha Julianne sitting beside my bed. I looked at them in surprise to see them and said, "Mom?".

She and Alpha Julianne turned toward me and smiled. "Welcome back sunshine." I looked at her confused. "You been out for three days." I looked started. "Shhh, how about we help get you a bath and food in you. Then will explain what happened."

Mom helped me get a bath and Alpha Julianne had someone change the bed sheets. She opened up the door to the balcony and had them bring a meal and set it up out there. When I got out of the tub mom gave me one of my uniforms shorts and T-shirts to put on. She brushed and blow dried my hair. Then we went and sat down outside. I looked at the food and my stomach growled. I had soup, grilled ham and cheese sandwich and a salad. Plus they included cookies. It was good. I then looked at them and asked, "what happened?"

Mom said, "We have always said you inherited your dad's and my side of the alpha gene. That you could always be a strong she-wolf alpha if you wanted to be. What we did not know is you also inherited my great-grandmother's special power. Someone could give her an object of someone's and she could find them. However with you when someone said something about that girl Caroline you looked at that Alpha King's picture and was able to draw where his hide out was. Since you were new with using the power you over extended and took three days to revive. My mom and I did not inherit any of the gifts."

I looked at her, "when are they going to rescue Caroline?"

Alpha Julianne replied, "they showed the various trackers your picture and knew it had to be within 2 hours of here. They found it and rescued her and about 2 dozen others. However, Kingsley and Mac escaped."

"So this gift helped her. How come we were never told about the gifts?"

"It has been a few generations ago and no one else seemed to have these powers. I did bring her diary she had. This way you can learn from her. If we had known any of the pups could inherited the gift we would of shared those stories with you."

After our talk I headed over and join the afternoon learning sessions. I had many stop and ask if I was ok. I said I was better and then we got down to learning. I saw one of the warriors showing how to do some sort of reverse flip roll over defensive move, and I joined that group. I was the only girl in the group and the instructor mentioned this is a move great to catch the smaller wolves that are fast, so I got used as the guinea pig. The first round they caught me every time, by the second round I figured out how to escape it. Then the Warrior started showing various ways to counter my escape. I was sore and tired by the end of that session.

All week long we kept up various training techniques. Plus I was doing a lot of sketching. I had not started painting yet.

I was glad when we got Sunday off. I was ready for a day to relax. Cheryl asked, "hey Emily. How about we go lounge by the pool and just relax today?"

"That sound great. Let me get on my swimsuit and grab a towel." We both quickly get dressed and head to the pool.

When we get there the triplets Jonas, Jonah and Judas came over. Then a banner dropped down, HAPPY BE-LATED BIRTHDAY.  "You promised to celebrate our birthday with us, so when you were down last weekend we postponed our celebration until today. Then we proceeded to party.

The next week at school we started our regular school classes. In our virtual classes we could see our two missing classmates sitting in desk in front of the teachers while we were on a virtual feed. Our days were long and strenuously challenging, but we were growing.

I continued sketching several photos. I had Elder Daisy suggest I use Alpha Gavin Moons as my muse. But at this time I was enthralled with the two Alpha Mates: Julianna and Calvin.

It was announced today that we would have this schedule for three weeks and then week four would break into packs. That our grand finale would be to end the training with the capture the flag between the three camps.