Chapter 41

Gavin had been gone for 2 months now. I basically was running the school, going to class, working on my scholarship. We had given our complete art to the framer. We were not allowed into the room which was being set up for our show. All our sponsors and the queen was taking care of those details. The show was going to be Saturday, July 24. That was one week before our deadline.

On July 20 the Royal Guard got a message from Gavin. They could hear him talking to the Rogue King. They were discussing the attack on the palace that was planned for the 22nd. They knew for them to hear this discussion that they had to be within 100 miles.

They arranged for the families to move inside the walls. They put us seniors all on the upper wall. On July 21 at 11:42pm the twins with the great sense of smell alerted their alpha they could smell a lot of rogues. When asked from which way they pointed all around. It was 12:02am the battles started.

It was 1:35am rogues started trying to scale the wall. We were ready. We had a few of our seniors go down, but none made it over the wall.

4:35am I saw my mate and he engaged the King Rogue. I saw him go down and I lost consciousness from the pain. As I felt my body blacking out I saw our King attack him.

I woke up hours laters. I was in the hospital. I knew I had lost Gavin. I was informed when I passed out that a few rogues tried to enter where I went down. There thought has been kill the alpha and they would loose the army on the wall in the confusion. Instead when they tried to attack me both Celeste and Xavier defended me. The longer they fought the stronger they became. Then one alpha rogue jumped on Xavier's back and ripped out his heart. Celeste blacked out. Her father saw what happened and he leaped up. He took down that alpha rouge. Then he carried his girl to the hospital and she died of a broken heart that night.