36 | Lovers Reincarnated

Short chapter because I didn't want you all to think I forgot about this book

Short chapter because I didn't want you all to think I forgot about this book. I'll have the next chapter out very shortly ^-^ I love you guys
- Red

T H I R D P E R S O N

Catalina yawned, her face scrunching up as she tied her hair into a low bun.

She had a long day at the day care she had recently started working at.

Lorenzo would do anything for the girl he loved to be as happy as she could be, so when she had asked him if she could work, he didn't have the heart to tell her no.

Even if he hated the idea.

He had assigned for a few of his men to keep an eye at her at all hours when she was working.

Lorenzo had enemies who would do anything to make him and his empire fall, and although he didn't want this life for Catalina, it was what he had to do.

"Jakob— no no honey, you can't eat that it's icky," Catalina pulled the baby boy on her lap as she bounced her legs up and down. He gave her the crayon that his teeth had bit into half, making Catalina praise him for being so compliant.

"Your mother should have been here an hour ago. Poor baby, you must miss her," the caring girl cooed at the little boy with adoration, her heart warming at the sight of his chubby pink cheeks.

The rest of the kids had left already, leaving Catalina and Jakob alone in the day care.

Catalina had to head home since she had a date with Lorenzo tonight but she had already let him know she was running late. The poor girl had to scold her boyfriend when he had cussed out the boys mother for being late.

"I'm here, thanks for taking care of him," Jakob's mother had walked in the day care, taking the baby boy out of Catalina's arms.

She was immediately alarmed when her son had started to cry in her grasp. His little fists squeezed as he tried to reach for Catalina.

His mother scoffed when Catalina had taken Jakob into her arms and began to soothingly shush him. "He's being so dramatic! God, my life is so difficult even my own son won't appreciate me."

Catalina remained silent but she had nodded as a way to let her know she was listening.

"Nobody cares about me! I doubt you know how hard life can get with how young you are." The mother had taken a seat as she began to rant to the girl who was holding her son.