8

Thanks for the votes! THANKS FOR READING THIS STORY!! I AM HOPING YOU ARE LIKING THIS!!! Upcoming deaths and a little date...

And I made up something. A flying skateboard. Don't get mad at me.

"If you would just open your eyes Marinette," he said irritably. "Maybe you would actually see this."

Marinette shook her head even though she knew Damian couldn't see her. The cold wind pierced her skin. She knew they were high up now and she felt like vomiting. Her eyes were shut tight. She hated flying.

"What if I fall?"

"What if you don't?"

"No."

"Trust me."

"Trust you?" A bitter laugh escaped her lips. "I'm not stupid."

Damian smirked at this. How right she was not to trust him.

"You agreed to date me, you know," he said, emphasizing the word 'date' far too much for her liking. "That means you'd trusted me then. Why not trust me now?"

"This is not a date!" she yelled back in defence. "This is just my free pass so you won't pry into my business."

"Open your eyes or I'll drop you."

Marinette should have known better, she shouldn't have ignored the seriousness of his voice... but apparently, she was being stubborn tonight.

"No."

Suddenly, he made a quick turn, catching her off balance and making her topple off the blasted skateboard. She screamed but he caught her by the waist before completely falling to her death.

She was dangling a hundred feet in the air with only his arm keeping her up.

"Alright, alright I'll open them!"

He hauled her back to the skateboard easily as if her weight was nothing. Her breathing was uneven. She wanted to cry. She hugged him so tight, she felt like her life depended on it.

Well... it did.

"You're crushing my organs!"

"You!" She pounded at his back hard. "Sadistic git! I almost died of a heart attack!"

Damian actually had the nerve to laugh.

"Stop laughing!" she yelled in outrage. "Stop!"

Damian didn't stop, he only laughed louder. The laughter just plopped into his stomach and he couldn't stop. Marinette scowled, but after a while, she started laughing with him too. His laugh was very contagious. It wasn't like the cold, empty laughs she usually heard from him.

It sounded rich and genuine... and human.

She found that she liked it very much.

Damian clutched his stomach and after what seemed like hours he stopped. He couldn't remember the last time he had laughed so hard.

"Are you done?" she said in a somewhat amused tone.

"Yes," he said, smiling still. Damian was shocked when he actually wiped a few tears in his eyes, tears of bloody laughter.

If he didn't see it for himself he wouldn't have believed it. Tears? From laughing?

"Oh Merlin Marinette, you really are something."