chapter thirteen

HOLLAND TUNNEL FOR A NOSE ALWAYS BACKED UP *snorts invisible cocaine line much to my mothers discomfort but that's why i like doing it*

saturday, february 19
new orleans, louisiana
third person pov

Walking into his family home, Mieczyslaw took a deep breath and closed his eyes as if he thought hard enough, he would be able to once again hear the string quartet playing for their house parties and smell the blood coming from the parlor where Niklaus liked to disappear to.

He could smell the blood, although it is almost surely not from some distance memory.

"What blood whore have you found for yourself this time?"

Niklaus came to stand beside him, a pursed smile curling his lips, "You've lost your touch, dear brother. Are you no longer able to tell the difference between spilt and unspilt blood?"

Mieczyslaw rolled his eyes, "Have you taken to keeping human pets now? Have I missed such a change of heart in you, brother, that I failed to notice that you would be able to keep a human around without draining them into a raisin?"

"You're one to talk, Mie," Rebekah slung an arm around Mieczyslaw, "Apparently you like keeping a whole slew of human pets."

A scowl settled over Mieczyslaw's expression and he pulled away, moving through the entryway and into the kitchen where Elijah was fixing a bowl of something. Mieczyslaw leaned over his shoulder to peer at the contents of the bowl. His nose scrunched up in disgust, "Do you eat rabbit food now?"

Elijah, always the bore, looked up at him with a bored look, "No. This is for Hayley."

"Ah," Mieczyslaw leant back against the counter, "Niklaus' pet, I assume."

Elijah frowned, "Hayley is not a pet."

"Damn right I'm not."

Both of the Originals turned to face the other kitchen entrance to find a woman, presumably Hayley, leaning against the frame and cradling her swollen stomach with one hand. Mieczyslaw's eyebrows shot up as the woman continued to glare at him.

"A werewolf," he pondered, "And I was just about to ask if we got a dog."

"I thought Klaus stopped turning stray vampires into his little spies," she sounded bored and exasperated, sending Mieczyslaw a contemptuous look, "I'm tired of people looking at me like I'm some blood cow."

"She's feisty," he told Elijah, "but why exactly do we have a pregnant werewolf in our house?"

"Since our brother," Elijah sighed, waving off Hayley's questioning look, "decided to have unprotected intercourse with her. That's when-"

Mieczyslaw gagged, "I do not need the sex talk from my older brother," a pause, "Also, last I checked it wasn't possible for an undead being to impregnate someone."

"It's not."

He gestured to Hayley who was a clear example otherwise. Elijah sighed as Hayley continued watching Mieczyslaw, "We think it's the werewolf part of him, but the point is that she is carrying a member of this family and it is our duty to protect her."