Author's Note + Sneak Peek

Completed but not fully edited.

This is my first werewolf story and the first story I have written that is mature. I am open to advice but please be respectful. I am experimenting with books on here.

Here is a small piece of the book that you might enjoy.

•••

His eyes are as pure gold as the architecture around us. I challenge him and he is not happy. I can feel through the bond that he wants me to submit. If only I were a different person.

I know this might make him mad and if I were anyone else, I would submit out of fear without hesitation. But I'm not as simple as that.

I push back through the bond. I straighten my back, clench my fists, and look him back in the eyes.

He approaches me. He is towering over my small frame but I don't feel the need to bow to him like he wants. He is used to everyone submitting to him.

"Don't test me" I say in a stern voice.

"I'll do it, babe." He leans down and I freeze as his lips brush my ear. "I'll do it even if it makes you bleed. You are tough enough to handle it."

His lips move down to my neck and I feel my pulse quicken. If he wanted to, he could mark me. I wouldn't be able to stop him.

His lips hover over my skin, not fully touching it but also not far away enough for me to not feel how soft they are.

It is the mate bond doing it but I want to know what those handsome lips feel like against mine. I want his strong arms to wrap around my waist and hold me close to him. I want to feel every part of him like how he wants to do the same to me.

"It's torture" he whispers as his lips follow the line of my jaw, edging closer and closer to my lips.

"What is?"

"When you look at me. When you walk in the room. When your heart beats for me."

"It's not beating for you. It's for myself..." my voice shakes a bit as his lips approach mine, still not fully touching my skin.

"It won't kill you" I utter out.

"Oh, baby. I sure hope it won't." His lips are hovering over mine. Our eyes open to meet each other and I can feel the fire burning within both of them. "Or I'll have to haunt your fine ass."