Chapter 45

Sona's POV:

I have no idea for how long we remained still in that posture.

He cried his heart out again.

He mourned for the loss of his Maa.

As far as I know him...I am sure that he had never cried since he lost his Genie.

While I was holding him strongly he let his emotions and tears flow through his heart.

When I felt him getting relaxed...I pulled him out of me and made him gulp a mouthful of water.

Wiping his tears I asked him whether he is ok?? He nodded and commenced

"After that dreadful incident...on the next day Baba married Saru Maa...and I was told that Saru Maa will be my Maa...I said no...how can she be my Maa...no one can take her place...no one can replace her...

But she didn't give up....she tried hard to be my Maa...not only her but Badimaa and Nani too tried to give me the love that I lost...but my heart couldn't accept anyone's affection..it was already bruised...

Later that what Baba did...it was bruised my heart to the next level...no Sona...not destroyed...he killed my heart...

All the photographs...her sarees...her other belongings...all my memories with her were demolished...all her memories were burnt...

They didn't allow me to catch a glimpse of that hurtful incident but somehow I made it possible and witnessed that too...

With the burning flames of her memories, my heart too was burnt then and there at that moment...

My heart was locked permanently for those two people...

I can not forgive them...

I can not forgive them for snatching away all her memories from me...

Her memories were the only source of giving me the feeling that she is still with me...

But I had lost that too...

I was broken...

Everything that happened around me started eating me ...the flashes of her face...her words...her burning memories were haunting me...

Our little house that was my favourite place on this earth began haunting me to the core...

Then Mama took me with him... and I stayed with Mama and Nana-Nani...

Even though I changed the place those flashes never left me...it kept haunting me...

During all this, I got small happiness...I got Aaru...my little baby was born Sona

I came back to my house to see Aaru...he was so small...this much small"

He gaze was fixed to his extended hands as if he was reliving the moment when he held Aaru for the first time

Placing my palm over his cheek I stroked his cheek with my thumb and he came back to his senses

"But the scars that my heart had were much stronger and deeper...

Staying in that house and seeing those people everything was freshly attacking me...

I couldn't bear staying in that house...

I returned to Mama and never came back...

The bridge between me and Baba went on growing with time...

I completed my schooling staying at Mama's place...

The only aim of my life was to fulfil the promise I gave to Maa...