CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

"Eloise, your birthday is coming." The duke suddenly said

"Ah, yeah, I forgot about that."

Birthday, huh? Back then, I liked to spend money to treat myself during my birthdays.

"Should we throw a party?" Father said

"That'll be great, father, isn't that right, Eloise?" My brother asked

"Y-Yeah...it's lovely."

A party? It's not bad but I'm sure father will only invite his investors and all. Should I invite prince Severus and princess Shae? Also, Adelaide, how is she?

"Your not touching your food, are you full now?" Father asked

"Yeah, I'm going to my room now." I stood up and went inside my room.

Lately, I've been reading a lot of books and then stared outside the window. I can see everything from up here. The carriage and some commoners passing by in every manor.

I heard a knock outside my room, "Lady Eloise, there's a letter for you." Veronica said

"Come in."

She open the door and hand me the letter. It's from Adelaide

"Dear lady Eloise, it's been a while, I received your last letter and I'm really sorry I didn't reply back. The thing is, I'm planning to establish a school in the capital. I got busier than usual but thanks to you, my lady, I'm now in the position where I can make my dream come true. I already have some fund for the school and the imperial family is supporting me too. Anyway, my lady, I heard you collapse for days, I'm really worried about you and wished if I could see you but there's still a lot of things I should do here. I'm really sorry, lady Eloise. From, Adelaide Bouvier."

I smiled after reading it, I'm glad Adelaide is now heading to the right path for her future.

"Hey come back here!"

I stared at the window and saw a man chasing a person who was wearing a cloak. Suddenly, the person jumped from the ground to the balcony of my room. How is that even possible?

I opened my door the balcony, that person is suspicious and I don't know why that man was chasing it

"Who are you?" I asked

"Wah? You must be lady Eloise Ophelia!"

She's a lady, how could a lady jumped from there to here?

She took off her hood that was covering her face

"I'm Stella Vahn! I'm looking forward to serve you, my lady!" She bow down

I see, she'll be my new maid my father talked about. But, why is that man chasing her?