Chapter 7: First Mission (part 2)

I felt my foot sink into the ground. The black sludge began to swallow me up. "Y/N! Take my hand!" Tanjiro shouted as he reached out to me.
I was able to get a hold of his wrist, but the demon had come out of the dark water and grabbed me, their sharp nails piercing into my forearm. I winced in pain as my grip gave out, and I sank underground.

"Nezuko, stay here and protect the two people! I'm going to find Y/N!" He stepped into the sludge and sank into the dark water.

—————

Below the surface was a dark and murky swamp. Several fragments of clothing were floating around from the past girls that were eaten. Damn! I got to get out of here, and fast! I don't know how long I can hold my breath for!

Blood was seeping from my arm as the demon grabbed me, his tongue licking my injury. I tried to free myself from his grasp, but he gripped my wrist holding my katana. "I can't have you killing me just yet, let me at least enjoy watching you drown first!" He cackled.
My vision began to blur as I was running out of air. I looked up and saw a faint shadow swimming towards me. Tanjiro!

With the demon distracted by him I was able to muster up all of the strength I had left and punched my elbow into the demon's stomach.

(You go Y/N you bad bish!)

He loosened his grip on me and I was able to escape, but it was too late. I ran out of breath and started to sink further down into the murky depths.

~~~

(Author's Note: This part switches to Tanjiro btw)

With the demon copies under the surface taken care of, I looked for Y/N with the little breath I still had left. I looked further down and saw her slowly falling deeper into the swamp. Y/N, stay strong! I'm coming! I grabbed her hand and pulled her close. I swam as fast as I could back to the surface.

Above the ground, Nezuko was fighting off the third demon. Y/N and I made it out of the dark water, and I got to the demon before he could attack my sister. "Bastard! My other selves should've gone for you first!" He growled.

"If you or anyone else tries to hurt the people I care about, you're going to pay! But first, tell me what you know about Muzan Kibutsuji!" I commanded. His eyes widened "I...I" "Start talking!" I urged. "I CAN'T...I CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTH-" My blade cut through the demon's neck as his body began to disintegrate.
Nothing...I can't get any information.
Wait! Y/N! She's still unconscious!

"Y/N!" I gasped. I put my head to her chest. Her heartbeat...it's decreasing! She needs air!

(Kind of cringe CPR scene but I tried my best to not make it seem weird! THIS STUFF SAVES LIVES I'VE NEVER WRITTEN STUFF LIKE THIS BEFORE BEAR WITH ME!😓)

I held her nose as I blew into her mouth, I pressed on her chest as a lump started to form in my throat. I repeated several times. "Y/N! Please, you have to breathe!" I stammered. I stopped as I puffed one last time, my eyes welled up with tears. Y/N...you can't go yet...there's still...so much we didn't do together. I can't lose my close friend! Please, please wake up! I held her in my arms as a single tear fell onto her cheek.

A faint sound of breathing caused me to look back at her. I saw Y/N coughing up water as her eyes slowly opened. "Tan...jiro"