Chapter 13: Resting for Now

Ok so I'm skipping the fight with Kyogai because it's really difficult to write and I want to get more into Tanjiro and Y/N. Consider this chapter as a fluffy filler with a bit of sad🌝

Here's a manga Tanjiro for y'all 💚Ok now onto the chapter :)

Ok now onto the chapter :)

—————

After the defeat of Kyogai and finding Teruko and Shoichi's brother, we payed our respects to the ones we buried and said our goodbyes to the siblings. The boar-headed man we encountered inside the mansion was in fact the sixth survivor of the Final Selection named Inosuke Hashibira. He insisted on fighting Tanjiro again since they first sparred because of Inosuke attacking Zenitsu. It ended with Inosuke getting knocked out and having his ribs broken by Tanjiro.

"I swear I'm gonna find your weak spot and bring you down!" Inosuke snarled at Tanjiro as we walked. Zenitsu was being carried on Tanjiro's back as I was carrying Nezuko in her box. "I have a name, you know!? It's Tanjiro Kamado!" My friend snapped back. "Alright Kamaboko Gonpachiro, I'm gonna bring you down!" The boar-headed slayer challenged as he moved his hands in an awkward pose. "Who are you talking about?!" Tanjiro said with a weird look on his face. "You, of course!" Inosuke yelled back. "No, you're not!" The two continued as Zenitsu broke up their argument. "Could you two shut up?!"

The three of them were silent for a moment as I started to snicker, until that snicker became a full laugh. "You guys argue like little kids! I...it's adorable!" I teased as my laughter was interrupted by our Kasugai crows. "Rest! Time to rest before your next missions!"
I exhaled a sigh of relief, Finally! At last my wounds can be treated properly, I can rest easy for a few nights, and I'll write to Yui as well!

~~~

The resting place we were sent to was a large abode with the wisteria symbol engraved onto the doors. We were met by a short old woman whose hair was tied back in a bun. "Welcome, demon slayers. I see you have fought hard, you've deserved a safe good nights rest here." She bowed to us as we were lead inside.
In the halls, several doors on each side opened to large sleeping quarters. We were given rooms along with comfortable clothes after we cleaned ourselves up.

Through another door, the four of us were inspected by a doctor, had our wounds treated, and warm meal was prepared for us afterwards. Inosuke was scarfing down food as if he hadn't eaten in a week, as I was greatly holding in my urge to do so as well. With our stomachs full, we were sent to our sleeping chambers. I was given a separate room from the boys, but I still joined them as I wrote to Yui.

"...I hope to see you soon, maybe you could meet my friends as well when the time comes. Whenever that is, I can't wait to tell you all about my travels.
With love, Y/N"