Chapter 10 - Something's Not Right

Jinx: "Rock, Yamato! There you are!"

No response.

Jinx: "Hm?"

Tsukumo: "Let's go."

Jinx: "Kay. Bye everyone!"

Liang: "Come back soon!"

On the monorail ride back to building 13, Rock and Yamato were both acting strange. They were just staring and neither saying a word. I gently touched Rock's arm.

Jinx: "Hey, Rock... Big brother, are you okay?"

He didn't take any notice of me at all. Tsukumo pulled down his mask and pat his leg.

Tsukumo: "Uhm, Jinx, why don't you come sit with me?"

Jinx: "O-okay."

I walked over to him and sat on his lap, still with a worried expression on my face. Tsukumo rubbed my back with a warm smile.

Tsukumo: "So, what did you think of today?"

I gave him a small smile.

Jinx: "It was really fun, and I learned a lot."

Tsukumo: "That's good to hear."

Tsukumo's attempt to distract me wore off quickly and I turned my head back to Rock and Yamato.

Tsukumo: "*sigh* Listen to me, Jinx."

Jinx: "Hm?"

Tsukumo: "Something's seriously not right with Yamato and your brother."

Jinx: "What's wrong with them?"

Tsukumo: "I don't know. We'll figure it out. But when we get off at building 13, I'm going to take you back to your cell a different route, okay?"

Jinx: "O-okay...... Tsukumo... I'm scared..."

He hugged me close.

Tsukumo: "Don't worry. It's going to be fine."

When we arrived at building 13, Tsukumo carried me on his back to my cell, a different, longer way than where Rock headed.

Tsukumo: "Are you alright back there?"

Jinx: "Mhm... just worried..."

When we were almost there, I got hit with a scent I hadn't smelled in a while. I gasped.

Tsukumo: "What is it?"

Jinx: "I smell blood... it's Jyugo..."

Tsukumo: "How do you-?"

Jinx: "Ask questions later! Jyugo's in trouble! Please hurry, Tsukumo!"

Tsukumo: "R-right!"

He ran. As we got closer, I could hear them. I could hear Uno yelling and banging on our cell door.

Uno: "Hey, Jyugo! Open the door and we'll help!"

I heard Jyugo cough up more blood.

Uno: "Damn it, Jyugo! You have to open the door!"

Jyugo: "Sorry... no can do..."

Uno: "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! I KNOW YOU CAN UNLOCK IT! JUST LET ME OUT THERE! WHATEVER THIS IS, I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT!"

Jyugo: "No you won't! I will... I'll deal with him somehow..."