~The Gift~

{Author's notes:
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted something on here. I'm very sorry for having been on hiatus for so long but university and life in general got me very busy and unable to even think about writing something. I'm currently taking a week or two for myself, to relax and write all day without any other stressful thing blurring my mind. I've already written a +8200 words one-shot on Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil x female reader; I would be grateful if you checked it out or passed the word to someone who might be interested, because I'm very proud of that piece and receiving some feedback after such a long hiatus would be incredibly helpful. Other Leon x Reader one-shots are currently in the making.
I also finished a story I initially started writing about two years ago, revolving around the band Faith No More and particurarly Mike Patton and Mike Bordin. I posted it on Ao3 for anyone interested and I might post it on here as well one of these days, we'll see.
Now, about our boy Michael; I haven't written anything about him for a sec here and I'm honestly kind of stuck. I will go check once again all the suggestions you left on the previous chapter of this book and I'll try to come up with something. I think I'll also rewatch one of the movies just to refresh my memory and remind myself why Michael is so special for me. Maybe watching the new movie will also help me out? We'll see.
Anyway, this one here is just a short scenario someone on tumblr requested a long time ago. I posted it there at the time and I'm now posting it on here as well to give you some relatively new material as I work on a one-shot to post in the near future.
Okay, I've been writing enough for now. I just want to thank you all for the likes, comments and response in general you left on this book. You've been amazing, really. If I'm coming back to write some more it's also thanks to your support.
Wish you all a nice day, 'til next time! 💕}

Michael was watching you, eyes following your frame from afar as you were leaving school after your classes

Michael was watching you, eyes following your frame from afar as you were leaving school after your classes. It was typical of him to follow you around almost everywhere and always being in alert for anything that could happen to you. It was also a 'kill two birds with one meal' situation for him since he could keep an eye on you while haunting Laurie at the same time. You once mentioned him you two attended the same school and since then he started waiting outside the whole morning until classes were over.

Your eyes met for a moment before he saw you rushing to the street and bumping straight into Laurie. All her books fell down on the ground and you helped her picking up her things. Confusion hit Michael when you started talking to her, smiling and giggling even, being all friendly to his victim. What exactly were you doing?

He followed you all the way to Laurie's house, where you two chatted a little more before parting ways. As soon as you were left alone he rushed to your side, his hands instantly tightening around your forearms, eyes staring down at you, demanding, silently asking for an answer. You just smiled back at him, gently placing your hands on his chest and whispering "Trust me Michael" before you lifted your head upwards, teasing him with a smooch on his fake lips. That grin you showed him after was all he needed to understand you were plotting something.

Days went by, Michael kept following you everywhere you went as you got closer and closer to Laurie. You two began to hang out together during the week, going out for a walk, studying at the library, also helping each other out while babysitting. Everything was going as you planned and when she eventually invited you to her home, you realized that she trusted you enough for playing out the last step of your plan.

You invited her over to your house few days after with the excuse to watch a scary movie together; it was Halloween after all. She eagerly accepted, even buying snacks for you two to eat during the night; little did she know that it was all a trap. You lived with Michael and he was watching the two of you from the other room.

"I'm gonna give you a gift today Michael!" you stated a few hours earlier, a wicked chuckle escaping your lips as you held his hands in yours fondly.

"Just stay very close today and when the time has come.. I'll give you a sign."

Michael was unaware of your plan, he decided to blindly trust you as you asked him to, but throughout the past weeks he somehow gained a picture of what was happening; he was a smart guy, he could do 2+2 and when he saw Laurie headed to your house he figured it all. He couldn't help but smile a little under his mask as he looked at you acting out your part. Was it pride he felt? Oh, Michael was indeed very proud of you and he was glad he had trusted you all along. Nothing and nobody was going to stop him to show you his gratitude that night soon after the 'Laurie thing' was dealt with.

"Honey she's all yours!" he heard you saying out loud from the living room and he rushed inside, catching Laurie while she still was trying to understand what was happening. A silent knowing look between the two of you made your lips curl up in a wide smile and you were sure Michael was returning it.

He was so glad to have you by his side.

___
{Author's notes:
Oh! One last thing. After I posted this scenario on Tumblr, someone requested a part 2 of it. I never wrote it but I could do it now, if it's something you'd be interested in. Let me know! ✨}